Maybe a silly question - who to take car to for check over (leased car)

Jerodequin

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies for what may be a silly question (and I know I could find out the answer by ringing my lease company in the morning.... but being impatient ;-) )

My car is a company car through a leasing company (Alphabet) and it's just started making some faint knocking noises from the rear at low speeds (sounds like something is loose, but can't work out what or where).

I live in Wiltshire but the Audi dealer that the lease company chose to supply the car was Slough Audi (which is over an hour away from me) - I definitely don't want to have to take the car back to Slough Audi whenever it needs looking at... Can I just turn up at any Audi dealer like my local one and ask them to sort it out? (never had a car through a lease scheme before so not sure how this works!)

Thanks,
J

Yep any dealer will do, who supplied it isn't relevant.

I'm in Solihull so use Birmingham Audi but my current car was supplied by Crawley Audi. The one before that was from Yeovil and the one before that from Milton Keynes.

Should be any Audi dealer, but you might want to check with the lease company in case they have any preference or need notifying.

Some bigger lease companies opt out of replacement car schemes and use hire cars and claim a loss of use from audi so worth a ring. Also a quick ring round of dealers to see who can look at it first although they normally are pretty similar.

Go to your local or preferred Audi dealer.

I have an Alphabet car supplied via a dealer in Oxford but I have used my local dealer from the start.

Likewise, for a previous Audi I had through Lex Autolease.

Reactions: Jerodequin
Should be any Audi dealer, but you might want to check with the lease company in case they have any preference or need notifying.

In my experience, lease companies really don't care what you do with the car (I've even checked about taking one round the Nurburgring before and there was no issue).

Providing they get the car back at the end of the lease in good condition and with the proper manufacturer service history, what happened to it in the interim doesn't bother them :)