A3 TFSI 1.8 6 Speed Manual Gearbox Code

MDK A3 8V

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm looking for the gearbox code for the 1.8 TFSI 6 Speed manual box .The only numbers I can find is QBN 29044 ,is this a O2M box .The reason for my question is I'm looking at fitting a LSD , but cant find the 8v on any suppliers lists

Attachments

• WP_20141116_15_03_01_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141116_15_03_01_Pro.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 875
The gearbox code should be shown on the sticker on the inside of your service book or a a sticker that is usually put under the floor in the luggage area. It is always a 3-digit code.

Looking at the model information in the ETKA parts catalogue the 1.8TFSI has the engine code of CJSA and the 6-speed gearbox related to that engine has the codes QBN or QBP and these are described as 02S type gearboxes.

Last edited:
The gearbox code should be shown on the sticker on the inside of your service book or a a sticker that is usually put under the floor in the luggage area. It is always a 3-digit code.

Looking at the model information in the ETKA parts catalogue the 1.8TFSI has the engine code of CJSA and the 6-speed gearbox related to that engine has the codes QBN or QBP and these are described as 02S type gearboxes.

Hi h5djr
Thank you for the info , I found the sticker .Regarding the QBN / O2S gear boxes ,are they the same as the O2M gearbox ,as I cant find a LSD diff for the O2S only the O2M FWD as in the 8P cars .
If they do differ what is the differences between them ?
Please excuse my ignorance ,as I'm new to Audi / VAG ,and the gearbox and engine coding's is not easy to understand .

Out of curiosity ,what is the std boost pressure on the CJS 1.8 Motor ?

thank you

Attachments

• WP_20141117_11_39_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141117_11_39_10_Pro.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 366
Hi h5djr
Thank you for the info , I found the sticker .Regarding the QBN / O2S gear boxes ,are they the same as the O2M gearbox ,as I cant find a LSD diff for the O2S only the O2M FWD as in the 8P cars .
If they do differ what is the differences between them ?
Please excuse my ignorance ,as I'm new to Audi / VAG ,and the gearbox and engine coding's is not easy to understand .

Out of curiosity ,what is the std boost pressure on the CJS 1.8 Motor ?

thank you

It's quite possible that if the 02M gearbox was for the 8P model it is quite different to the ones used in the current 8V and the information I have would not give any idea of the differences. It may be those who supply the LSDs have not caught up with the latest models yet.

As far as the boost pressure is concerned, again the ETKA and ElsaWin documents do not give any details of the boost pressure as this is part of the design of the engine and not really of interest to the technicians who have to maintain them.