Torque App info please on an A3 8P (Diesel)

LEE69

07 170 DSG
Reaction score
Can't seem to get the boost gauge to read, nor the hp, and a lot of the items are not green.
Everything reads on vcds as it should

Not sure if it's the sender, i have the paid for app

Thinking of trying the iobd2 app and a wifi sender now

Boost should automatically read (mine does).

HP etc will only read once you've added your car (and weight details etc.) to the app - it can then work all the other bits n pieces out roughly.

Yes i was expecting it to aswell tbh, no idea why it isn't
Yes added the profile to it too

Which adapter are you using? The cheap eBay ones are hit and miss most of the time.

The adapter is probably the issue then. The ebay clones are very much a lottery and tend to be extremely unreliable. I went through two before finally buying an OBDLink MX adapter, which has worked perfectly for two years now, but did cost 4 times as much.

Have you paid for the app or used the free one

The free one boost does not work you have to get the paid app to use the boost gauge

Yeah got the paid app, my adapter musn't like the canbus, i used it on my 2001 Leon ok.

I have been using a cheap small blue Bluetooth dongle for over 3 years. Make sure your settings are correct. If everything else works then it's not the dongle.

I've been using the £5 blue box thing for a while and seems ok

What settings does everyone have on the app? Mine is a 140 tdi.

Got the new one today it read my bhp woohoo, then on a restart of the car it never lol

Tried dash ncommand too, can't read bhp/torque either, or other info. Can use vcds no problem, weird.