Stuttering S3

Langer

Reaction score
Whenever my S3 S Tronic goes down from 2nd to 1st gear the car stutters forward, is this normal?

It happens in other gears , but is most noticeable from 2nd to 1st, particularly in sport mode.

Any help much appreciated.

Just as you're coming to a stop, it feels like the gear engages and you get a wee bump forward?

Mine does that too ..

In my 8P 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st was always heavy and forceful in S mode, no different in the 8V. I wouldn't say it stutters more like a heavy clunk.

Once you get used to the car you can stop that by carefully accelerating, it shouldn't be noticable if you leave the car rolling or gently brake.

It's normal, my S3 does the same, but I noticed a difference when I installed the DTUK tuning box, down shifts are a lot more smoother.

rather than start a new thread, I have found that when coasting to a stop but the car still rolling (in D2) and I then accelerate slightly briskly the car will stutter on the next 2 shifts 2-3 & 3-4 , it doesn't occur on light throttle or heavy acceleration. Anyone else had any experience like this ?