Brakes bit spongy?

Biggeeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Like title says I still have a slightly spongy lever compared to my van and family car the brake lever is ****.
So I bled them up using ate super blue fluid and gunson eazi bleed kit at 15psi to no avail same lever feel.
Should I run more psi on the bLeeder or is there a common weak point on these brake system?
Any help would be great as I have a Trackday this week
Cheers.

Did you try bleeding the master cylinder afterwards as a few people have had to do this after doing all 4 corners 2 little 8mm nipples so I recall...

Was thinking that from previous experience but can't find it?

Under the reservoir found it, I'll bleed that today and see what happens
Looks a right pig to get at.

Reactions: Mrharris2
Let me know how you get on with this mate. Got to do mine tonight aswell. Good luck to us both:audibash:

Bit of a sore head..

Why put a important service part in a hard to reach place?

Anyway took strut bar of then could only manage to get to one of the nipples the one closest the front.
I had to use a long socket 7mm with a extension bar and a swivel connector, there's no way i could get a spanner in there. The other bleed nipple has a slight angle on it and I couldn't get onto it properly so I sacked that incase I snapped it. Only thing u can do is pack below the nipple rags etc setup you bleed system crack nipple open for a few secs then close wipe fluid spray water, wd40 or something to clean spilled fluid.
If u manage another way pls let me know and the other nipple?

But in all fairness there is slight improvement in the lever,less effort more power I also will be putting race pads tommorow,
So hopefully I will be ready for my track day.
Hope this helps u to or u can do it better than me

I seen that is it a big job though?

Piece of cake, with the engine cover off, it's just 2 jubilee clips, pull the hoses off, then 2 bolts to undo the metal clamps. Just lift it upwards and rest on engine top to access master cylinder. Pretty sure you can leave the DV and n75 hoses connected? Been a while since I took mine off.

Piece of cake, with the engine cover off, it's just 2 jubilee clips, pull the hoses off, then 2 bolts to undo the metal clamps. Just lift it upwards and rest on engine top to access master cylinder. Pretty sure you can leave the DV and n75 hoses connected? Been a while since I took mine off.

Cool that sounds easy gonna do that tomorrow then thanks for the info.
Just wasn't sure looking at it today it looks an important bit of kit I was t prepared to break lol.

I'll need to get myself a more comprehensive service manual for working on the car.

Guys when changing my front break lines what do I do to stop break fluid leaking every where?
I read somewhere that pressing the break pedal all the way down before removing break line stops the master cylinder from refilling?? Or is that a load of tosh?