A3 leather seat ripped

G19rnt

Reaction score
Hi there my 2007 a3 1.9tdi has a rip in the leather seat on the side bolster its been like that since I got the car from my partner but it's starting to bug me it looks to me that it's been rubbed through with the seat belt and there is also a crack in the leather on the base of the seat on the edge at the door side I have priced a complete new cover from audi but it was around £300-£400 from memory plus fitting someone mentioned chips away apparently they do it just looking for opinions as I'd like to get it tidied up a bit

Picture would help to see extent of the damage

Hi I'll try my best to upload one tomorrow in daylight I usually browse on my I pad but I'll use the lap top and see how I get on.its kind of grazed and there's a rip in the middle

Sorry for the late reply here's the pic as promised

Attachments

• image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 144
Doubt chips away could do anything with that fella. I recon you'd be looking at a new section being sewn in by a trimmer. If be interested to see how you go on.

It does pull together but I think your probably right dundee audi told me they use a local guy who works with a local furniture store but they couldn't find his number he apparently makes a very good job

It does pull together ob

Guess it depends on if you want a "functional" repair or a cosmetic repair. im no expert but i would have thought the whole section needs to be replaced.

Probably best with a new seat from a breaker. Shouldn't be hard to find.

That leather looks in shocking condition. Which is probably why it's cracking and ripping. Decent clean and conditioning will help the rest of the car.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…