A3 leather seat ripped

G19rnt

Reaction score
Hi there my 2007 a3 1.9tdi has a rip in the leather seat on the side bolster its been like that since I got the car from my partner but it's starting to bug me it looks to me that it's been rubbed through with the seat belt and there is also a crack in the leather on the base of the seat on the edge at the door side I have priced a complete new cover from audi but it was around £300-£400 from memory plus fitting someone mentioned chips away apparently they do it just looking for opinions as I'd like to get it tidied up a bit

Hi there my 2007 a3 1.9tdi has a rip in the leather seat on the side bolster its been like that since I got the car from my partner but it's starting to bug me it looks to me that it's been rubbed through with the seat belt and there is also a crack in the leather on the base of the seat on the edge at the door side I have priced a complete new cover from audi but it was around £300-£400 from memory plus fitting someone mentioned chips away apparently they do it just looking for opinions as I'd like to get it tidied up a bit
Picture would help to see extent of the damage

Hi I'll try my best to upload one tomorrow in daylight I usually browse on my I pad but I'll use the lap top and see how I get on.its kind of grazed and there's a rip in the middle

Sorry for the late reply here's the pic as promised

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
Doubt chips away could do anything with that fella. I recon you'd be looking at a new section being sewn in by a trimmer. If be interested to see how you go on.

It does pull together but I think your probably right dundee audi told me they use a local guy who works with a local furniture store but they couldn't find his number he apparently makes a very good job

It does pull together ob

Guess it depends on if you want a "functional" repair or a cosmetic repair. im no expert but i would have thought the whole section needs to be replaced.

Probably best with a new seat from a breaker. Shouldn't be hard to find.

That leather looks in shocking condition. Which is probably why it's cracking and ripping. Decent clean and conditioning will help the rest of the car.