DV+ ... Has it worked?

AA12ON

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I know theres a lot of information on this but never the less i thought id share my views on this since i installed it the other day.

Prior to installing this i was already running the revised DV. I ordered it from AMD tuning and received it the next working day so i was excited to get this bad boy on and hit the road.

Its comes well packaged and the parts are built to a very high standard CNC machined i believe.

Theres simple easy to follow instruction for people who have no idea how to install this, and believe me easy to install it took me no more then 10 mins.

Once installed i started her up and took her for a drive...straight away i noticed a difference the response improved and also the boost which i can only assume was leaking to hell on my old DV but it was holding amazingly well. Can i just state my S3 is stage 2+.

During gear changes and throttle release theres now slight flutter which i love ! some people may not like it but i do.

Overall ive noticed a big difference with this and i would recommend anyone to get one! especially if your adding mods to your motor this is a MUST!

Like i said i know many people have put things up about this but i wanted to just get across how i felt about it as i was very spectacle about getting this and didn't believe one but it would make any difference.

I wish i had it sooner to be honest.

dv1%20-%20rendered%20version2.jpg

Reactions: s3_trev
Sorry for being a newbie...... is this an upgrade for the standard dump valve?

It's not a dump valve as such it's called a recirculating valve but yes the orginal valve has a diaphragm inside that can tear and leak boost so manufactures brought out a revised DV with all plastic internals. But they still leaked boost. So GFB come up with this so solve the issue. If your running stage 2 Id say get this! Made a big difference to my car mate.

Revision D is the OEM DV with plastic internals, had mine on a fair few months and it doesn't leak, holds boost very well.
Most people go with either Rev D or GFB DV+.

I have had mine for 6 months now and I'm pretty happy with it, although the sound does get on your nerves a bit sometimes. One thing you do need to watch out for though, the piston will need to be oiled every once in a while so don't do the bolts too right on the valve or you will be swearing at yourself. You will know if the lubrication is bad when the valve opens too slowly and you get a bit of compressor stall, just lube it up again and you are good to go.

I have one of these fitted to my car when I had it remapped at Amd and it really shows I give it 10/10