Audi A3 - Car Rejection - PLEASE READ - GOOD TO KNOW

I dont see any sign of an offering in that?!?! I would tell them they need to do better or you will be seeking advice from citizens advice on the sales of goods act

Thanks David. Exactly my thoughts, I have emailed him back stating I would like a better offer. I think I man seek advice from the ombudsman.

If s3lvx is paying 433 pm and they are offering him a brand new car of the same spec for the same monthly payment when it arrives but the duration of the payments resets I.e 48/60 months then I see this as kind of a fair deal. However due to the buggeration factor I would be expecting either free servicing for a period, extended warranty, factory fitted extras on the car at no cost. As like you have said you have paid for a s3 and effectively not had it. I suppose if they offered me an rs6 loaner whilst your new car was being built I would just go for it. Just sounds like they gave you a Friday night special when Klaus and Fitz got pi**ed on the production line :)
Is 433 pm what you are currently paying ?

Hi £433 is what i am currently paying. It does not make any sense to me to pay £2121 for exactly the same car. I was expecting maybe a better spec car or something at least consideration the hassle and inconvenience. I was expecting more contribution from Audi's side. I will see what they come back to me with

No problem ...... they will try to fob you off....dont let them. Stand your ground until they give you what you want for being messed around and sold a defective product.

David and Goliath ;-)

Reactions: S3LVX
Mine is very lightly specced. I have sat nav, comfort pack, b&o

Mine is very lightly specced. I have sat nav, comfort pack, b&o

....and your paying £433pcm..? ....Something aint right about your "deal" .....I think you would actually get a better price by starting a fresh with a new dealer and using some Carwow / Orangewheels quotes to haggle with.

What's the exact Spec of your new S3?

I guess it all depends on what price you got the car for, how long your PCP is over and what you put down as an upfront payment as these are the main factors on the monthly payment I believe.

I only put down £500 as they look £2500 equity from my last s3.
It is a phantom black s3 saloon
S tronic
b&o
Comfort pack
Sat nav
Total was £36,600 got a discount of £2227
Total due was £31,373 in a 48month PCP

....and your paying £433pcm..? ....Something aint right about your "deal" .....I think you would actually get a better price by starting a fresh with a new dealer and using some Carwow / Orangewheels quotes to haggle with.

What's the exact Spec of your new S3?

Thinking about it you are right. I think I may use these to haggle, thank you for that

I only put down £500 as they look £2500 equity from my last s3.
It is a phantom black s3 saloon
S tronic
b&o
Comfort pack
Sat nav
Total was £36,600 got a discount of £2227
Total due was £31,373 in a 48month PCP

I got a £3200 discount !! ....and I haven't experienced an awful customer service and been messed about.

Mine is an S3 Hatch - Misano Red - B&O - Privacy Glass - Comfort Pack - Folding Mirrors - Parade Red Interior ....worth £34.5K

I put in a £2000 Deposit ....3yr contract .....10K Miles .....£460pcm

If I was you I would be looking for a free option (Tech Pack or something to that value) or a MUCH bigger discount

Wow it seems that the deal I got was nowhere good as I thought. I have been emailed back with this

"Sorry for the delayed response.

I'm out the office today so I am unable to respond in full.

The idea behind the offer is to return you to the same position you werewhaat the very start.

Without the exact figures in front of me due to not being in the office, it is hard to quote exact figures however based on a valuation of your car to what you owe you are in negative equity plus the S3 has had a price increase in Oct 2014.

Therefore the deal we have put together is a very strong offer based on the discount we are giving you on a now more expensive model along with giving you more that what your car is actually worth.

If you feel this is still not acceptable, I would be happy to understand what you feel you would be happy with as I refer to Sam David's initial regarding rejection.

I hope to hear from you soon.

I do not return to the office till Friday but I will respond where possible.

Kind regards"

It seems like a take it or leave it situation, so I am in two minds in regards to the decision to take.

I don't quite understand what's going on with this lol, but it seems like a normal part ex deal that anyone could get, i.e you have a car and they are offering u x amount for it against a new car with x amount discount for that car (like any part x deal). Like anyone else, depending on what u owe already determines wether u have negative or posative equity. From what I can gather the offer still leaves u in negative equity. So they aren't really doing anything to help you out! Seems wrong as they sold a car that was not as it should be and are expecting u to pay for their mistake. Is that right or have I missed something?

Reactions: David83S3 and S3LVX
I mean surely if u buy something that is not as it should be, u should get a replacement or full refund!

Keep it calm and respond in kind. It may have to be forceful, but most of those points are quite easy to rebut. Especially with the good folks here.
E.g. by saying the whole point is get you back to the beginning, he isn't making any reference to all of the trouble you have been through. They blissfully ignore that. Can you build an argument to show that what he is offering doesnt get you there?

They mention the RRP has increased but the price people are paying is decreasing as other dealers are offering much bigger discounts now.

Also you get a name your price question in there - so as long as your response flows logically, you should be able to easily beat what looks like an opening gambit and quite a superficial letter.

I don't quite understand what's going on with this lol, but it seems like a normal part ex deal that anyone could get, i.e you have a car and they are offering u x amount for it against a new car with x amount discount for that car (like any part x deal). Like anyone else, depending on what u owe already determines wether u have negative or posative equity. From what I can gather the offer still leaves u in negative equity. So they aren't really doing anything to help you out! Seems wrong as they sold a car that was not as it should be and are expecting u to pay for their mistake. Is that right or have I missed something?

Exactly that. They have made me an offer but have not given me any special deal. Its just a run of the mill deal

Exactly that. They have made me an offer but have not given me any special deal. Its just a run of the mill deal

If that's the best they will offer, you are probably better off going elsewhere and just trading in part ex or sell private! It's like they are are not accepting there has been any fault or that you will be out of pocket!

Keep it calm and respond in kind. It may have to be forceful, but most of those points are quite easy to rebut. Especially with the good folks here.
E.g. by saying the whole point is get you back to the beginning, he isn't making any reference to all of the trouble you have been through. They blissfully ignore that. Can you build an argument to show that what he is offering doesnt get you there?

They mention the RRP has increased but the price people are paying is decreasing as other dealers are offering much bigger discounts now.

Also you get a name your price question in there - so as long as your response flows logically, you should be able to easily beat what looks like an opening gambit and quite a superficial letter.

Thanks for the response. I will respond calmly and try and build an argument as there have been alot of helpful responses here, thanks everyone. I will draft a letter tonight and will see how they respond.

If that's the best they will offer, you are probably better off going elsewhere and just trading in part ex or sell private! It's like they are are not accepting there has been any fault or that you will be out of pocket!

They are completely dismissing the whole situation. Really annoying dealing with them. The aftercare I have received is appaling

Thanks for the response. I will respond calmly and try and build an argument as there have been alot of helpful responses here, thanks everyone. I will draft a letter tonight and will see how they respond.
Good luck and keep us all posted with your progress :thumbs up:

If the offer is not improve I think I will push for the car to be rejected

I would indicate to them that you wish to proceed with rejection.....that might push them to offer something better as I am sure they wont want to have the car rejected. This sites might help you:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

Also here is a rejection letter template (I waved this in front of my Citroen Garage):

downloads.bbc.co.uk/theoneshow/txt/new_car_letter.rtf

Just fill in the gaps :icon thumright:

Legend. Thanks for that and the advice David, that is so helpful!

Reactions: David83S3
Hows it going buddy? It could be a marathon not a sprint, but not let the bleeders grind you down. But also maintain a level head, as the best outcome that you could get may not be 100% what you want.

Reactions: S3LVX and David83S3
Hi,

This is the letter i sent

"Dear Mr Sanson,

Thank you for your email dd. 12th of Jan. relating to the above vehicle.

Whilst I do accept Sam David’s apology (mail dd. 6th) for the length of time that this repair has taken, I do take exception to your explanation that the delay was due to the holidays since the last fault happened at least 2 weeks before Christmas – the 9th to be exact.

I also would like to state that I do take offence to Sam David’s explanation that a warranty does not guarantee faults to occur as I have been running several vehicles for over 40 years and I am fully aware of that fact. Nevertheless, I do not expect a new vehicle to emanate so many faults within such a space of time and out of action for inordinate periods.

In the letter from Audi it is stated that I need to contact Volkswagen Finance whom the contract of sale is with, however, the issue that I have is not due to the finance of the vehicle but to the quality and reliability of the delivered vehicle which I am sure is entirely the responsibility of Audi.

Further, not only I was interrupted with phone calls to swap the vehicle ‘with immediate effect’ under the threat of extra rental charges. I hardly consider this to be of good service considering that you had our vehicle in your possession for over a month.

Whilst I accept your confirmation that the vehicle is now repaired, I do hope that it is so as I am still in need of a vehicle for my work. The recent sequence of events and to use your description of it being an ‘intermittent’ fault, however, does not leave me with much confidence in this vehicle.

Nevertheless, thank you for the offer you have put forward towards a betterment option and we confirm that we would rather come to an agreement towards this option rather than taking our grievance further with Volkswagen as specified in Mr. David’s letter.

Whilst we appreciate that you also have some internal issues regarding discounting, etc, we feel that the £2121 quoted is somewhat on the high side as most other dealerships are offering discounts of 9% to 12% off the list price for new customers, something which we hope you have factored in your quote to us. Consequently, we feel that Audi could contribute a bit more towards this offer bearing in mind all the hassles and issues we have had with this particular vehicle.

Further, as we are in discussion regarding a new vehicle, we would like to specify that the new vehicle to be of a different colour, namely Sepang Blue, whilst retaining all the current options on this existing vehicle (e.g. S-tronic gearbox, Satnav, etc.) and to add the 6XK door mirrors in the package.

Therefore, we would kindly request that you please review the offer that you have provided and look forward to receiving those at your earliest convenience. An indication as to a delivery date would be most appreciated.

We await to hear in due course."

The response i Received.......

"Many thanks for your letter, its contents of which I have noted.

Please allow me 48 hours to see if we can do anymore for you are we have already structure a favourable deal which far exceeds any deal that can be found on the open market when taking into consideration all factors including your current car and settling your current finance deal.

In short, should you decide to replace the car we will be able to order a different colour and add the Folding, dimming door mirrors which could add an additional £250 as this is a chargeable option.

I will be in contact as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Luke Sanson

Sales Manager

Bexley Audi"

SO he has not really said no and does seem to be reconsidering a new offer. If Sephang and folded mirrors are included i think i will take it considering that i will be due new tyre, break pads and a service in a april when the new car is proposed to come.
Luke does seems to make the deal seem better than it is unless i am missing something.
Got this response yesterday so for now just a waiting game, will update everyone with the final response i get

Last edited:
He has stated he will charge you for the additional options .....not free??? Its such a shame when customer service like this is linked to a business you expect more from. I do think its Dealer specific though and maybe another dealer would have approached this differently. Maybe take what you can and make it clear they have lost a customer for life (Not that I think they will care).

Hope it all works out for you :)

It's going to be unfortunate for whoever buys your current car when you exchange :(

He has stated he will charge you for the additional options .....not free??? Its such a shame when customer service like this is linked to a business you expect more from. I do think its Dealer specific though and maybe another dealer would have approached this differently. Maybe take what you can and make it clear they have lost a customer for life (Not that I think they will care).

Hope it all works out for you :)
Have been sent this
"
We, Bexley Audi and Audi UK are in a position to offer you an increased good will amount totalling £500 towards your new deposit figure reducing the previous amount from £2121.18 to £1621.18 and including the electric folding dimming door mirrors on the replacement car.

This is our final offer to you as a pure good will gesture.

Please let me know if you wish to proceed."

This is the best I will get I feel and I think I will bite the bullet and take this offer. Thanks for all the input from everyone that has helped me with the initial letter. Hopefully i will the new s3 will be less hassle and this is definitely the last time I will be dealing with Bexley Audi that is for sure.

Take the offer, but make it clear you are still not happy with the entire experience. Have you tried another garage to see what deal you could get with them? The 9%....12% discounts are real ....I got 9.5% off mine with a bit of haggling. What's the exact spec of the new S3 you are after?

Problem is if Bexley Audi doesn't sell it on, they open it up to car auctions which another dealer will buy, and sell on
Maybe worth posting us the number plate, to avoid? lol

Take the offer, but make it clear you are still not happy with the entire experience. Have you tried another garage to see what deal you could get with them? The 9%....12% discounts are real ....I got 9.5% off mine with a bit of haggling. What's the exact spec of the new S3 you are after?

I will definitely be letting them know this is the last car from them when i got to sign the papers. I did not go to another dealership I just did not have the time but i definitely will be looking afar next time looking at the thread on best and worst dealerships.
The spec is the same as before
S tronic
b&o
Comfort pack
Sat nav with SD slots
With the addition this time of the folding mirrors and sepang blue (which from what I saw in the current brochure costs £525, I assumed this was going to be a free option on order), but from his email he will be accommodating these additions.

Problem is if Bexley Audi doesn't sell it on, they open it up to car auctions which another dealer will buy, and sell on
Maybe worth posting us the number plate, to avoid? lol

LV14 ZGC stay well clear :racer:

Reactions: HansW and Liquidfusion-S3
Probably time to draw a line, but as you say make your point known on the whole saga with them.
What you also want is top notch, service, information and attitude from them from now on. You may also want to dangle a little carrot to them - perhaps say you are happy to draw a line under it, and start afresh & it is entirely how professional, helpful & generous they are from now on. I would have thought they could have thrown a initial service in for free (which doest cost them much), so they could attempt to regain your trust, and have a slight chance of repeat servicing and other business from you. I would perhaps speak to them face to face, and give that a go - its probably more personal doing things from now on than e-mail anyway.

On my Seat Leon I had a garage making a real ****-up on a particular issue. But the way they dealt with it was reasonable and professional, and it made me give them a second chance. But this lot don't deserve that, but it might be the best way to play the card game at this particular time.

I will definitely be letting them know this is the last car from them when i got to sign the papers. I did not go to another dealership I just did not have the time but i definitely will be looking afar next time looking at the thread on best and worst dealerships.
The spec is the same as before
S tronic
b&o
Comfort pack
Sat nav with SD slots
With the addition this time of the folding mirrors and sepang blue (which from what I saw in the current brochure costs £525, I assumed this was going to be a free option on order), but from his email he will be accommodating these additions.

To give you an idea on your deal:

My S3 was £34155
I managed to get it for £30500
£2000 Deposit
£460pcm over 3yrs
10K miles per annum

You should really be getting a better deal than that.....?

Probably time to draw a line, but as you say make your point known on the whole saga with them.
What you also want is top notch, service, information and attitude from them from now on. You may also want to dangle a little carrot to them - perhaps say you are happy to draw a line under it, and start afresh & it is entirely how professional, helpful & generous they are from now on. I would have thought they could have thrown a initial service in for free (which doest cost them much), so they could attempt to regain your trust, and have a slight chance of repeat servicing and other business from you. I would perhaps speak to them face to face, and give that a go - its probably more personal doing things from now on than e-mail anyway.

On my Seat Leon I had a garage making a real ****-up on a particular issue. But the way they dealt with it was reasonable and professional, and it made me give them a second chance. But this lot don't deserve that, but it might be the best way to play the card game at this particular time.
Great bit of advice. I will be going there on the 31st but will definitely be getting that point across

To give you an idea on your deal:

My S3 was £34155
I managed to get it for £30500
£2000 Deposit
£460pcm over 3yrs
10K miles per annum

You should really be getting a better deal than that.....?

I know now this is the best they will do, its been a drag just getting this deal. The deal you got is cracking but all i know this is my last time at Bexley. Could i ask what dealership did you dealt with as your deal was really good?

I know now this is the best they will do, its been a drag just getting this deal. The deal you got is cracking but all i know this is my last time at Bexley. Could i ask what dealership did you dealt with as your deal was really good?
I went Northampton Audi (my local) ..... I honestly think my deal is in the lower ball park....a lot of others have had even better deals.

.......all this BS really does take the fun out of owning a brand new Audi ....such a shame and I honestly hope you get to the day where ur driving a car that makes you smile everyday