2 fault codes, but one for a valve that is not there!

DarrenS3

Reaction score
when out in my S3 the other day I noticed there was no descent power, as if the turbo doesn't kick in at all. I run VCDS and got these 2 codes, 17955, which says to check the N75 valve and 17697, which says to check the N249 valve.

The N249 valve has been deleted, so I am presuming the problem is solely with a dodgy N75 valve. Would that be right?

What blocks would I use to verify it is a dodgy N75 valve.

Thanks!

n249 code will almost certainly be because it's deleted! The car doesn't know it's gone. Only that it's no longer getting the expected behavior from the (now missing) sensor.

N75 code will likely explain lack of power. The N75 is what controls boost. With this broken, you're down to about 7psi.

Sorry, but I probably didn't explain very well. The N249 valve was deleted before I had the car, so that is why I am thinking the dodgy N75 valve is solely to blame for both codes.

Because of a short circuit... check the wiring... I assume the N249 is still plugged in electrically?

<tuffty/>

Reactions: DarrenS3
Because of a short circuit... check the wiring... I assume the N249 is still plugged in electrically?

<tuffty/>

Not sure if it is. Am I right on thinking the N249 is underneath the inlet manifold metal plate tray thing like it is on a golf?

Thanks for that. The top of my engine bay is clear. nothing on it except for coil packs and they are the 2 ltr coil packs I put in the other day. I will get a picture up to show you

I have found the culprit! Thanks for the sound advice tuffty!

Reactions: <tuffty/>
I have temporarily fixed it with electrical tape until I can do a proper job tomorrow when I am off work. I think I am going to have to make the wire a bit longer so it is not sitting on top of the block below the charge pipe where it has got really brittle due to the heat.