whats the problem?

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
Put my foot down on a slip road onto a motorway was in 5th gear and once i got to around 4000rpm revs stopped building for about a second. Kept slowing down about 10 times in the slow lane and putting foot down all way to about 5000rpm in 5th gear and never happened again Is the the clutch slipping or a boost leak? Or maybe just something that wont happen again.

Thanks

I imagine that a slipping clutch would result in revs spiking as the clutch plates were losing grip.

Coil packs or spark plugs failing and you are getting a miss-fire maybe?

Doesnt seem/sound like a misfire but ill be leaving little while anyways wont be driving for while. I had engine fully rebuilt beginning of the year from audi. I was going to take it riverside racing but i could take it audi and get it sorted for free if its something theyve done but then again if its not then ££

Since its hard to replicate i doubt Audi will be any use, wait and see if it happens again/or regularly if so see what Audi say, as you say you had it fully rebuilt so it should be running sweet, plugs are due at 40k or 6 years, have they been done?

Booting it in 5 & 6th will do that depending on speed but another vote here for clutch slip

Since its hard to replicate i doubt Audi will be any use, wait and see if it happens again/or regularly if so see what Audi say, as you say you had it fully rebuilt so it should be running sweet, plugs are due at 40k or 6 years, have they been done?
Just looked now and the plugs doesnt look like theyve been changed AT ALL. And car is up to about 63k miles

Booting it in 5 & 6th will do that depending on speed but another vote here for clutch slip
But when it happens the revs dont shoot up like ive knocked it into neutral they just stop Building

But when it happens the revs dont shoot up like ive knocked it into neutral they just stop Building

Yeah reading it again that is a strange one you have ,what kind of speeds are you slowing down to then booting it ?

Let me tell you my own personal experience with this and you can decide whether its an option for you. This happened to me as well. How did I fix it? I replaced my fuel filter. Never happened again. I also remember I had a misfire on cylinder 1 under hard acceleration, which I fixed by replacing my coil packs and my spark plugs with upgraded ones. No issues with either since. If your revs didnt spike its not your clutch, although planting it in 5th at low revs would put strain on your clutch, your revs would def spike if it slipped.

Reactions: Sprintblu3
Let me tell you my own personal experience with this and you can decide whether its an option for you. This happened to me as well. How did I fix it? I replaced my fuel filter. Never happened again. I also remember I had a misfire on cylinder 1 under hard acceleration, which I fixed by replacing my coil packs and my spark plugs with upgraded ones. No issues with either since. If your revs didnt spike its not your clutch, although planting it in 5th at low revs would put strain on your clutch, your revs would def spike if it slipped.
Very helpful thanks for this i will get round to changing fuel filter and plugs when i get time. Tried to do it again before in 4th and went for it and never happened.

Reactions: s3_trev
Could it have been a bit skiddy on the slip road , traction control kicked in and dropped the revs a bit ?

Talking of fuel filters my service schedule doesn't cover it, nor does Audis major service, only for a diesel? Couple of indys had it on their quotes for a major service but theres nothing in my service book for the 2.0 TFSI engine about the fuel filter?

Talking of fuel filters my service schedule doesn't cover it, nor does Audis major service, only for a diesel? Couple of indys had it on their quotes for a major service but theres nothing in my service book for the 2.0 TFSI engine about the fuel filter?
Yup that sounds about right. As far as I know its supposed to be replaced every 100k or something stupid like that so its technically not supposed to be replaced. Go figure.

Did a quick google, its apparently a lifetime filter in the 2.0Tfsi? Ill ask Audi when i take it in next week!

Reactions: Sprintblu3
Yeah mate I think you're right. Thats the answer I got as well at the time I think. Which I honestly find strange.