S3 what finance deal and how much

I've got a decent price, was going to put 66% down, but was told max deposit is 50% - disappointed with that, however upon checking it was confirmed max deposit for pcp is 50%, looking at the interest & repayments I decided i shall fund as much as I can and use my 0% interest offer from my credit card.

The interest is outrageous when we're up at this price for a car.

I've got a quote here from Kings Lynn Audi, they were offering quite a large discount.

The main figures are GFV 17,432.50, 48 months, 6.8% interest, 6000 mileage p/a.

Get yourself a price from Drive The Deal and use pcpcal.com to work out roughly what it should be.

So ...a quick phone call later....

My figures were:

Basic Price =£25366.61
Options = £5112.50
Subtotal=£30479.11
Delivery =£491.72
VAT =£6194.17
RFL =£230.00
Total =£37395.00
Dealer Deposit =£3320

Work out from that whatever you need to :)

From the other thread - but to add to this. I paid £0 deposit and the monthlies are £530pcm

Whether some think it's 'nuts' or not I'm not fussed. I'm happy to pay this and keep my disposable in the bank thanks. There's lots of arguments for and against paying for the csr in full v huge deposit and lower monthly payment v bank loan v lease v pcp v hp deals - work out your budget and if your happy flipping order it. :)

People tend to get very secretive about monthly costs, what they paid, how much they put into a deal etc,

My cash works better for me in the bank and being spent on the family etc - the monthly pcp payment is budgeted for and I'm happy to pay audi for thr privilege ;)

Reactions: David83S3, Pauljamescaton, RicoS3 and 1 other person
530 with no deposit ****** hell! What was the purchase price? As the paperwork states even with a 3k deposit they wanted 602 off me per month

£410 a month over 36 months. GFV £19k. 6k miles P.A. Deposit was £3.3k made up of £1.5k from trade in and £1.8k of my own cash.

Thats based on £35.5k car down to £32.5k with discount.

I actually think the S3 is fairly affordable to finance. I looked at a M 135i on similar figures and I needed a £5k deposit as the GFV was so low to get monthlys the same.

Hope that helps......

Reactions: Pauljamescaton
Thanks mate this is exactly the sort of info I need

Reactions: Pulp84
Also pulp what was the interest rate? Can you remember?

To give you an idea, I didn't go daft on options on my S3, 4.5K down, and I got a discount of @8%.

Financing about £35K (after deposit + interest charges of @ £5,800) Monthly payments are a tad under £400.

48 month PCP, 5,000 miles per annum.

Salesman said I would likely be in a position to change after 3 years given GFV of the car (£17,787 at end of term) although the PCP deal is for 48 months.

Here's my offer. I'm putting down a 50% deposit which includes the sale of my current A3.

Having said that, I was hoping to do the deal today before the 1st October price increase but the dealer hasn't got back to me so I think the deal is off.

Untitled

The price increase is about 400 quid I believe

And yeah a big deposit I see, looks like I'm going to have to do that on the forums I've been told my car is worth 5k she offered 1500 yesterday and that obviously screwed my thought as the plan was to sell mine and add a little bit of cash whereas their way I'd have to add a lot, I think I'm going to sell my car first for what I can get and until it sells try and save some cash if I order next month or next march I don't care about the 7 month wait or whatever it is, I never rush so it's not like I have to have it now.

Here's my offer. I'm putting down a 50% deposit which includes the sale of my current A3.

Having said that, I was hoping to do the deal today before the 1st October price increase but the dealer hasn't got back to me so I think the deal is off.

View attachment 41408

That's not too shabby a deal there. I'd be on the phone today saying 'lets do the deal, but it must be signed today'

Good luck

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I'm of the opinion that if they want my business they should be chasing me but as you say the deal is quite good. I even got 11% off the RRP. Not sure what to do :think:

Purchase Price £33,300 (I got no discount as I wanted a new car immediately)
Less £3,600 deposit
Annual mileage 10k (excess mileage 7.20p) - I will be within this.
36 Months PCP
Monthly payments 35@ c£490
6.5% APR
GFV £16,900
Total cost £37,800

I will buy it before the 3 years as I hope it will be worth at least £20k, and sell privately. I normally buy cash, but didnt this time as I was still selling my Golf R and PCP suited me as the car had no waiting time, as it was built.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I'm of the opinion that if they want my business they should be chasing me but as you say the deal is quite good. I even got 11% off the RRP. Not sure what to do :think:

In my time dealing with Audi, the salesmen & women, don't generall chase sales. They have no need to. The product sells itself!

In my time dealing with Audi, the salesmen & women, don't generall chase sales. They have no need to. The product sells itself!

You are probably right. My only gripe is that it's gone from daily emails to no contact since last Wednesday. I called them about an hour ago and the lady I need to speak wasn't available so I'm awaiting her to call me back. I'll happily take the afternoon off work to go and seal the deal but need to know ASAP!

You are probably right. My only gripe is that it's gone from daily emails to no contact since last Wednesday. I called them about an hour ago and the lady I need to speak wasn't available so I'm awaiting her to call me back. I'll happily take the afternoon off work to go and seal the deal but need to know ASAP!

Just do it, you know it makes sense!

Just been quoted this weekend, a S3 Sportback: OTR 33k with a 2k deposit was £414 a month over 48 months.

S3 saloon on order
RRP £40.3k
Discounted 10% so £36.3k
£6k deposit
7.1% apr
48 months £408
£17.5k GFV

These look quite promising compared to my quotes, I'm shopping around atm, and I've also asked Coventry audi for a finance quotation, I fell in love with the s3 yesterday especially on startup, so I've got to have one it's just getting the right deal and getting it done,

Yesterday was also the first time I had a good look at the saloon and by god that's a lovely car in s3 form, but I need the space of the sportback

Is mag ride worth the money or just something else to go wrong? If anything I will be banging a dtuk box on and some lowering springs and that's it so I'd like to know if the lowering springs coupled with mag ride is any good

Coventry audi have got back to me now

Car comes to 42k with options and they've offered me a discount of £4,291
so I'd have to put In £6000

Deposit: £6000
Contribution £4,291
Term: 48mths
Mileage: 10k pa
Repayments: £469.76
GFV: £16,253.55

If I put in £10,000 plus their discount of £4,291 bringing it to £14,291

Then the payments come down the £360 pm

Which I think isn't too bad

Last edited:
Them numbers don't stack up mate,
42k list with 4k discount and 6k deposit over 48 months with GFV 16.250 comes to around £460 a month not £360 just to point out at 7.1%

Sorry yeah ******** it up. The top one at 460 is me putting in 6k and then putting in 4291

The one at 360 is if I put 10k down and them put the 4291 will edit it now

Lewbo, don't suppose you have that finance info on an official print out do you. Could do with waving that at the salesman when I go in and they try to slap the discount right down. :D

Always a deal to be done and you will always meet a salesman who will try it on.

You also have to not be afraid to walk away. I did that with Swindon Audi - offered me £1k discount on a £35k car. That "deal" was conditional I took £490 Gap, £300 tyre/alloy insurance and £200 paint protection.

I chuckled loudly as I walked out :lmfao::undwech:

Oh they do try it on she was saying how they offer a auto glym polish, I told her I'm a professional detailer so wasn't interested, she said yeah but these are autoglymn cleaners, I said yeah but I do a better job and was trained by better companies than autoglym, she said there's no better company than autoglym, so I said you rly don't have a clue do you, don't think they were impressed (this was after they gave me the quote not before)

I got
Right I've been wakefield audi today, and they said they wouldn't offer any discount whatsoever which I'm abit gutted about

I put my deposit at 3000 instead of 6k too

But this is what they've quoted

04a9f757bfe999b188f43356e07684bb.jpg

Obviously I'm not going to buy from them if they're not offering any discount (Coventry audi offered £4,500 which coupled with my 6k would have been 10.5k)
Got mine from Ben at Coventry Audi. Went through carfile.net as broker

I've been speaking with a Anthony Richards at Coventry over carwow

Coventry audi seem a rly good dealership

W
To give you an idea, I didn't go daft on options on my S3, 4.5K down, and I got a discount of @8%.

Financing about £35K (after deposit + interest charges of @ £5,800) Monthly payments are a tad under £400.

48 month PCP, 5,000 miles per annum.

Salesman said I would likely be in a position to change after 3 years given GFV of the car (£17,787 at end of term) although the PCP deal is for 48 months.
do you think you will go over the mileage?

Yeah wakefield audi wouldn't give anything off at all, I said Coventry audi had offered 4.5k off and her response was

Have a nice drive to Coventry then because we won't give anything off at all, she couldn't believe dealers would do that and implied I was trying it on, I told her to go on car wow or orange wheels for a quote but they weren't interested.

But I'm interested to know ppls deals because surely not everyone is paying near on 50k for a s3

The quote looks crazy, particularly the GFV with what must be pretty much a full spec car at £40k+. I shopped around for 3 weeks and got various finance quotes, and the difference in GFV between garages was what surprised me the most. I finally ordered a 3dr stronic from Coventry Audi through car wow. My spec isn't as full (list price before discount a shade under £35K) but my GFV is higher than you're being quoted. I looked at various deposit options, and to give you some context, with my spec and the car wow discount, together with a £5K deposit, payments would be £332 / month over 48 months

That's not bad that, if I can get them to around 350 I'd be very happy, hopefully though if I order In march the car won't be as new and there might be better discounts, especially if the rs3 is out, might make the s3 even cheaper

Hi guys, I'm sorry to jump straight into the middle of a thread with my first post, it's just that I've been doing a Google search on Anthony Richards of Coventry Audi via carwow, which I've never heard of before! which led me here, he sent me a quote on a new S3 with a couple of options:

S3 3 door in brilliant black, comfort pack and parking system plus Total rrp came in at £31795 he said he can do it for £28318 which is a massive saving of £3477!!!

Is that too good to be true and is carwow a legitimate site/company?

I have asked for a PCP quote based over 4 years with £1000 down and 10,000 miles per year. I probably only do about 7000, but thought if I pay more for the miles now it will bring the GFV down so when I trade it in it will be worth more than the GFV as it will have less miles on it! which in theory will give me a bigger deposit for the next one!!!

I've had 2 quotes already from main dealers, both different top end prices but both said after 4 years with 10000 per year the GFV was £14962.

Is that too good to be true and is carwow a legitimate site/company?

As long as you connect directly to the dealership you should be fine, they are just the broker.

Discounts hover around 10% anything above is impressive.

These don't have an S3 listed - http://www.freedomcontracts.com/Vol...14-5Dr-300-BHP---Oct-Deal-Personal-Lease/1060 - but the Golf R price is epic! Might be worth a call to see if they can get them....

FYI - I am not connected to this company in any way, just like sharing good deals :)

Dave

The good Golf R deals have come back just recently, so you should be able to pick a lease up for 2 years for less than 250 a month inc vat. Just make sure you get the right one (business/personal).

Waiting time is long though. However if you're on a budget and want a fast car for 24 months, it's worth it!

Reactions: Sprintblu3