Audi Price Increase (S3 up 2%)

Schuey

Reaction score
Just had an email saying Audi are increasing prices from 1st October which include the S3.

I placed my deposit & I am due to collect in October, will this increase affect me?

Just had one from Carwow (I'm in the process of getting a price for an A3 s-line).

Think all is ok if you've placed the order before the 1st.

Just a reminder that there will be an inflationary price increase on some Audi models. This is effective from Tuesday 1st October 2014 and will unfortunately affect your carwow offers. The price increase applies to all S variants of the below ranges but excludes RS.

We always try to warn our users about price rises before they happen so that you have a chance to place the order before the increase occurs.

All the offers you have received on carwow so far are still valid, but will not be after the 1st October 2014 unless they are for one of the models without a price increase.

Suggest you ask your dealer but, IMHO, you shouldn't be charged the increase if you placed your order, and paid your deposit, before 1st October. Also worth looking at the terms and conditions on your order form.

Suggest you ask your dealer but, IMHO, you shouldn't be charged the increase if you placed your order, and paid your deposit, before 1st October. Also worth looking at the terms and conditions on your order form.

I'll call in there tomorrow & have a chat with them, hopefully it will be favourable as otherwise it adds almost £700........Given my deposit was only £500 I guess there is risk for them if I cancelled.

I offered my S3 last week, dealer said price increase would not affect my order.

They can't increase your price if you signed a sales order form and paid a deposit.

This is for orders from 1st Oct.

Otherwise they could get all the cars ready and on collection day say right £200 extra please! I bet some of you would pay it too:disgust:

It all depends on the Terms and Conditions that form part of the order. These are usually printed on the back or form part of the order form. Reading the conditions on the standard order form used by my dealer there is a clause that reads as follows:

If after the date of this order and before delivery of the goods to the Purchaser the Manufacturer's or Concessionaire's recommended price for any of the goods shall be altered, the Seller shall give notice of any such alteration to the Purchaser and
1. in the event of the Manufacturer's or Concessionaire's recommended price for the goods being increased the amount of such increase which the Seller intends to pass to the Purchaser shall be notified to the Purchaser. The Purchaser shall have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of such notice. If the Purchaser does not give notice as aforesaid the increase in price shall be added to and become part of the contract price.

So from that I would assume that the dealer could decide to charge the increased any any time "after the date of the order and before delivery". In which case you would have 14 days to cancel the order or accept the increased price.

I'm quite sure most dealers would not want to increase the price after a car has been ordered, but if their particular terms and conditions include the same or a similar clause, they would be entitled to and you would be have 14 days to cancel the order or pay the increased price. As they say "make sure you read the small print"

Spoken with the dealer & they were not really sure if the increase would affect the S3. Either way they have said the price increase would not affect me.

I signed and ordered my current A4 the day before an Audi price increase

The business manager did the online order bit while I was there

Didn't have to pay an extra bean

Me thinks everyone is worrying too much about this IMHO :)

Reactions: Pulp84 and Liquidfusion-S3
I signed and ordered my current A4 the day before an Audi price increase

The business manager did the online order bit while I was there

Didn't have to pay an extra bean

Me thinks everyone is worrying too much about this IMHO :)

I think there was a thread where someone ordered an S3 couple months back, then was told it was never put through the system and they had to pay the price increase if they wanted it ordered.... even though it's not even 1st October yet! Crazy....

That Audi dealer was just full of sh*t

Reactions: Mani_S_Bhogal and Pulp84
I'm quite sure most dealers will honour the price when the car was ordered.

I signed for my A5 on the 1st April with delivery in August. In between the model year changed and the price increased.
I got more equipment due to the model changes with no increase in price. They also refunded the option price for those items that were now standard.

I wouldn't worry too much, but press them for confirmation as my dealer was very unclear.

I've mentioned this in another thread that you may or may not have read already but it's more relevant in this thread.

When I ordered my A3 on Tuesday (last day before the 1st Oct price increase) the sales lady said that if I made any further changes to the spec after the 1st Oct it would trigger the price increase on the car so advised me not to change anything. Can anyone else confirm that this is right?

Reactions: Benw92
I've mentioned this in another thread that you may or may not have read already but it's more relevant in this thread.

When I ordered my A3 on Tuesday (last day before the 1st Oct price increase) the sales lady said that if I made any further changes to the spec after the 1st Oct it would trigger the price increase on the car so advised me not to change anything. Can anyone else confirm that this is right?
That's rubbish! I added in cruise control yesterday at the same reduced price on carfile.net, dealer took my order early September and said that's fine I won't be hit with the increase.

That's rubbish! I added in cruise control yesterday at the same reduced price on carfile.net, dealer took my order early September and said that's fine I won't be hit with the increase.

OK, thanks, not sure why she would say that as I could theoretically be spending more money by adding bits, like you've done. Luckily I'm not thinking of changing anything as yet!

Having looked through (some of) the brochures its only the base price that has gone up. All the options are still the same price.

I ordered my s3 mid September, in the mean time my dads a3 s line arrived, I don't think he had it in him to say no to any extra lol! So I ended up wanting a few more goodies rang today to see if it was possible, Was kindly told I'd be charged an extra £470 on top of the price of the extras if I wanted to amend my order! Seems a tad unfair really considering im trying to spend the best part of 3k more with them :3sadwalk:

Reactions: A3Kent
I ordered my s3 mid September, in the mean time my dads a3 s line arrived, I don't think he had it in him to say no to any extra lol! So I ended up wanting a few more goodies rang today to see if it was possible, Was kindly told I'd be charged an extra £470 on top of the price of the extras if I wanted to amend my order! Seems a tad unfair really considering im trying to spend the best part of 3k more with them :3sadwalk:

Thanks for this, confirms what my dealer was telling me.

It means if I do want to change anything it needs to be worth paying an extra £500 or so more on top of the change. Good job I'm happy with my spec :)

Reactions: Benw92
My son is picking up his S3 next week , the garage has strangely put up the price by £750 from what he signed for in June !! Phoned yesterday and was told that they had made a mistake and it would go back to the original price !! Good news but I just wonder if we hadn't check the original what would have happened

My son is picking up his S3 next week , the garage has strangely put up the price by £750 from what he signed for in June !! Phoned yesterday and was told that they had made a mistake and it would go back to the original price !! Good news but I just wonder if we hadn't check the original what would have happened
I think the stealer was trying it on...

Ez money in their minds if you don't do anything about it

Everybody that signs for there car on the date ordered should keep there original copy and stick to the price on that , will tell the garage name after he picks up the car

Not sure on whether the options would be charged extra but the basic agreed price should stay the same.

Now THAT is sneaky, I am expecting the same though hence bringing all documents regarding the sale with me as it changed a few times :teapot:

I thought the whole basis of a factory order was that in return for waiting a few months for the vehicle to be built, the dealer agrees to honour the price at which the deal was struck. After all, it's their fault that they can't build them quick enough, not the customer's. The reason I didn't go for a factory order was that the trade in price of your existing vehicle is determined when the new one is delivered, so you are committed to buy the new one and they have you over a barrel on the trade in price of the old one. I wanted a very simple spec and was lucky that the dealer was able to source one within a few days.