A3 2010 Navi

unstopp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've recently got my first Audi, an 8P S-line from 2010 (1.4tfsi s-tronic)
For a few days I'm trying to wrap my head around it's navigation unit. I've been reading for almost a week now and can't seem to find a solution.

This is what it looks like:

p1010887-44018.JPG

bns-5.0-2.jpg

Not actual pictures though. As i understood the unit it's called BNS 5.0, the low version of "Audi Navigation Plus", RNS-E.

I have a few newbie questions, if you guys have any thoughts and could land a hand:

One "problem" is, when i press "Mode" or "Voice control" on the multifunction steering wheel, my DIS displays "No Funct".
Another thing, I can't connect my phone (Galaxy S4) through Bluetooth.
Lastly, can't seem to use Aux as sound source. I have the "Aux" labeled jack near the handbrake.

If i understood well, i need some coding, though i'm pretty clueless about this (i will get a cable asap, though i have no physical experience with it). Oh and another thing that should be mentioned, i have no navigation cd atm

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Marius

Are you sure it's a '10? That's a pre facelift interior, unless it was just registered very late, which I have seen before, like a T reg mk3 golf. Are you sure the car also has a Bluetooth module?

Not actual pictures. I will take some tomorrow. I also have a very small microphone near rear view mirror.
Unfortunately I am not sure about Bluetooth :( thought it's included by default.

When you press TEL on the unit what does it show?