Revo Remap - Couldn't Rr Today Audi Was Jumping On Dyno

Blackedition_Nath

Reaction score
Hi guys I popped into SCC on Friday for a REVO remap on my A3 170 TDI blackedition, the car now feels amazing, pulls like a train now, nice and smooth and feels like a new car! Really happy with the revo software !! :)

Went to TX Auto sport in Harlow to dyno the car this afternoon to get the new bhp/torque figures and the car ran awful on the dyno after a certain RPM the car starting jumping! They Tried 2 - 3 times and kept doing it, and wasn't giving true readings (from 120bhp-177bhp) :(

He's said it could be : 1 - Something todo with the traction control ??
2 - The ECU is sensing over boost and cutting power (map needed tweaking) ??

Has anyone else had there CR170 engine mapped ideally by revo ? If so any problems on dyno running like mine ? If so what did you do to resolve ?

And help guys appreciated.....

Nathan

Is it a four wheel drive dyno ?

Won't be your car, it'll be the dyno, or your car not being strapped down.

Quattro or FWD?

It's fwd and it looked secured to me? Is that the only reason you think could be causing the problem ?

I was standing right next to the car when been run all looked good until the car started miss behaving when it was given the beans

I've heard of this before and heard of people pulling a fuse out to stop the traction control limiting the power/torque
Won't be anything wrong with the map or the car just not had the system disabled

I had a issue with my car when I took it to MRC to put it on the rolling road there. It was all over the place when accelerating from 1500-3000 RPM the dyno plot looked like a roller coaster. The ASR/ESP was disabled using the switch in the car but finally they tried disconnecting the ABS module completely by pulling the large connector on the module. Straight away it was more happy and did what you would expect.
My car is a 4wd on a 4wd roller but the issue was related to the Traction control / ESP.
On the road theres no issue, a rolling road is artificial. I would suggest disabling the ABS by pulling the large connector. The dash will light up like a christmas tree, well it did on mine but it worked fine on the dyno.
Are the front tyres the same type and are they inflated correctly ?

Karl.

Oh right when I go back I'll take a few fuses out or disabling the abs by disconnecting it like you say Karl, and yes my tyres are correct psi :) thanks guys much appreciated

This is where you have to be careful. You have already stated your car pulls like a train and are happy with the software. What you are now experiencing is rolling road depression! I call it RRD! I went through this so many times with my Subaru. You think the car is great, you then strap it to a false RR with fans running or with the Audi's they pull the 4wd and connect it to a 2wd RR and it is just false. It does not reflect the road and when you don't see the amazing figures you think you should the RRD kicks in. I went to one in leicester years ago a happy man. I came away with megga RRD and it really pi55ed me off. Why? Because the 'numbers' were not where I thought they should have been for the 10k that had been spent on the car over 5 years.
Be careful! Enjoy it ON THE ROAD. The RR can change with air temps, fuelling, all sorts of reasons they may not be right.
If it feels great on the road then accept that for what it is.

This is where you have to be careful. You have already stated your car pulls like a train and are happy with the software. What you are now experiencing is rolling road depression! I call it RRD! I went through this so many times with my Subaru. You think the car is great, you then strap it to a false RR with fans running or with the Audi's they pull the 4wd and connect it to a 2wd RR and it is just false. It does not reflect the road and when you don't see the amazing figures you think you should the RRD kicks in. I went to one in leicester years ago a happy man. I came away with megga RRD and it really pi55ed me off. Why? Because the 'numbers' were not where I thought they should have been for the 10k that had been spent on the car over 5 years.
Be careful! Enjoy it ON THE ROAD. The RR can change with air temps, fuelling, all sorts of reasons they may not be right.
If it feels great on the road then accept that for what it is.

I will try pulling the traction control fuse out and disconnecting the ABS first then if no luck I will try another company for the dyno, then if still no luck will give up lol :)

As RPB has said a car can be rapid on the road and a real blast to drive yet disappointing on a dyno.
Figures are pub talk, its what you feel and how it performs on the road that matters.

As RPB has said a car can be rapid on the road and a real blast to drive yet disappointing on a dyno.
Figures are pub talk, its what you feel and how it performs on the road that matters.

Yeah Deffo :) I understand totally with you both, but I was just been curious in knowing the gains I had received off the software. Just hope it all goes to plan when I go back next Wednesday :)

Disconnect the traction control completly from the fuse. I have PD 140 BRE remaped by GIAC to 177hp and the only way to have results in the Dyno was pull off the fuse of traction control

Disconnect the traction control completly from the fuse. I have PD 140 BRE remaped by GIAC to 177hp and the only way to have results in the Dyno was pull off the fuse of traction control

Ok will do that Wednesday :) thanks alot guys will keep you all informed :)

Good news guys I went back and dyno run my car after removing fuses and it run well it pulled 208bhp / 318lbft :) thanks for all your help

Reactions: antowens and desertstorm