A4 B6 Sline Project

When I went to my storage unit today I couldn't help myself but have a play with the controls

Thought I'd give the Audi key a new makeover with a new Matt red cover and new sline keyring

Cleaned the old beast up and went for some photos

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
Car had its not Saturday passed with flying colours and no advisories

Reactions: Adamwagg
Good work Dan.

Been meaning to ask, did you have to have adjustable top control arms for the tuck required for the bags?

And do you still have arch liners in there?

Reactions: D9n dk
thanks matey

my top control arms are still standard and I've got arch liners in still on the front but removed on the back. The front won't go any lower with out a top turrent notch out which i might think about getting someone to do later but for now she pretty much lays frame and thats on 18's if i was on 19' wheels id get both front and back under the arch.

you thinking of going down the bags route?

Not any time soon mate but definitely in the pipeline. Can see me keeping this motor a long time, love it haha.

I wouldn't even bother notching mate, they've done a sweet job on it and it sits perfect IMO

Not any time soon mate but definitely in the pipeline. Can see me keeping this motor a long time, love it haha.

I wouldn't even bother notching mate, they've done a sweet job on it and it sits perfect IMO
Thanks mate

We still need some pictures lol

We do mate. I badly need to give mine a proper spring detail and fit loads of bits that have piled up first though

im the same mate mine needs a major detail and got some bits i want to do on it too, we will do it one day lol

So I made a purchase

My explod 12" sub has been with me since I started driving some 12 years ago and even then I had got it 2nd hand and it's been in and out of every car I've had and it's been used quite hard over that time. It's been in sealed boxes, ported boxes and it's always kept up with my demands and sounded great well just lately I've been hearing the cone starting to sag a bit and sound a bit distorted. So I went on the look for a new one and as I've updated my head unit to kenwood I thought I'd match it so I picked up this 12" kenwood sub and wow sounds amazing again very happy with it. Excuse the circles on the carpet that's where my spare wheel has been sitting when I do a long journey just in case it's not in there all the time

A little attention to detail with some new fresh mats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the quality of the mats like? Seen these in eBay and thought about getting them.

really good mate for the money i thought id try them for that price. the finish is really good and they don't feel like cheap mats

Reactions: Dani_B19
Tidy, I'm not expecting the world as they are only £22 but still didn't want tatt so nice to know.

Looking good in the sun

Reactions: Adamwagg
Drop it and snap it

Been meaning to do this mod for a while I finally got the time this afternoon to give it a go.

My original gear knob was starting to look worn and tired so I set about replacing it and while I was there I thought I'd put on a new black with red stitching gator ready to match my red stitching steering wheel when I get it. I got a couple of pics really please how it looks now. I know the gear knob might not be to everyone's tastes but I like it

So I set about removing the old stuff

Removing all the old staples

The gear knob has a tiny red led init so it glows a faint red at night. I wired it into the cig lighter led

I did come across one problem.

The gear knob and gator where from different places and the gator didn't fit over the gear knob base which left a small amount of wire and the screws on show so for the time being I've taped it so it blends in till I can sort it out a bit better but it doesn't look to bad as it is

For anyone that might be interested all the old stuff does split apart so you don't have to change everything

My old one

Coming soon is my all smooth black leather re profiled steering wheel with red stitching to finish off the interior

So got both rear arches resprayed today from a bit of wheel rub when I was static and one alloy resprayed from a bit of paint loss so happy with the work the guy was so good and efficient he even mopped the car once finished

Some pictures from today with the car in 4x4 mode

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
Oh I've been a busy boy today

Well it started off. I wanted to get my rear bumper sorted as it looks like it had paint cracking

But on closer inspection it was like a small wrapped sheet so with a little picking off that come

I did think about leaving it silver as the original colour was underneath but with the black parking sensors I quite like it black splits the rear up abit.

So then it was doing a very novice tapping, rubbing and spraying lol

Some more pictures

While I was literally waiting for paint to dry I wanted to refit the lower part of the kit that had come loose

After about 4/5 Coates of paint it was time to remove the tape and paper and see how it looks

Im really happy with how it come out looks much better and fresher

So now it was time for a full wash and detail to remove any over spray from the past couple of days

Washed twice, clayed, polished, waxed and then a detail spray

Oh and I wiped over the engine bay lol

Then I sat down and admired my hard work

Car looks amazing mate. Not far from me either. Im in dartford. Just bought my first audi.

I know it was a while ago but any chance youve got a link to the alarm led you fitted?

And was it costly to get the dents and scratches to do repair work? Cheers bud

Thanks mate

I used to live in Dartford I've moved to Bedford now so I was quite close to you.

The led I used was something like this one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141336194100

You need the 5mm one with the plastic holder otherwise it will fill straight through the hole

With regards to body work repairs when I was in Dartford I had 2 alloys sprayed front bumper sprayed and 1 arch done at the time and it was around £260 mark which j thought was pretty good I can't remember the exact amount but it was something like that

Sorry to be a bother mate but could you take some pics of your heatshield and the way it mounts? I want to make my own cause not having one is annoying me, and trying to import one to South Africa is useless would be much appreciated!

im not sure if you have seen it but there is a photo on page one of the heat shield but next time i can pop my bonnet ill get some more pictures for you if that helps

Nice one bud. I may start a thread but will be rather slow progress.

Nice one bud. I may start a thread but will be rather slow progress.

Any progress is progress mate doesn't matter if it's slow or fast we just do what we can when we can

Well in the week this happen to me

I looked into a new glovebox lid with hinges and the price was nearly worth my right arm so I found this kit on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161917836530
Thought I'd give it a try and for the price you can't go wrong

Took the glove box out released the pins on the underside screwed new hinges in place and refit

It's a bit fiddly so I didn't get as many pics as I'd liked too due to the swearing lol but here are some

Only one side has snapped but I put new brackets on both sides to make it stronger

Nice little repair bud. Glove box lids are a rip off my interior is blue and I hate it so trying to swap to the black interior.

Nice little repair bud. Glove box lids are a rip off my interior is blue and I hate it so trying to swap to the black interior.

Thank you mate yer its so expensive even for 2nd hand scratched unit there still expensive

Yeah I've been looking into buying a diner car for the interior. My a4 turns out is sh*t. Doesn't even have footwell lights.