Dash light came on this morning, what does it mean?!

cha1n

Reaction score
Hi there, driving into work this morning, and a dash light was intermittently coming on. I don't have my manual on me, but i've tried to do a quick sketch of it in paint:

dash_light.jpg

Can anyone let me know what it means please? cheers

Ross

Incase my attempt to draw it was to bad, it appeared to be a beaker/bottle with moving dotted lines following the pattern on the image above. The reason i'm so concerned is that it looks like it's trying to describe something leaking! I got out and had a look, couldnt see anything! cheers

Looks like your screenwash is low. If it is borderline it will keep coming on and going off, until you use more screenwash then it will be on all the time.

volcano about to erupt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

............... its the screenwash.

could there be a naked person bending over in moon boots somewhere near your car?

[ QUOTE ]
Misc-RTFM.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif good job! yep looks like your screenwash is low, I thought all the warning pics were pretty good on these cars - I hope you never see the oil one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cheers for the replies lads. I was panicing in work all day, and didn't see your replies until dinner time. Felt a bit silly, when the light came on, on the way into work i pulled over and everything, was looking under the bonnet.

Basically thought it was indicating a oil leak! I think i may start leaving the manual in the glove box as that would of saved me spending all day thinking that i was going to have to pay out mega bucks on the car!

Good of audi to fit volcano erruption detectors though, well impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross

If its yellow in colour its minor , if its red dont drive the thing, lol.

And its probably a good idea to read yr manual so u know exactly what each icon means.

my mate had this gold package warranty with his Range rover where if you get these scary warning lights someone will come from rangerover to see wat the light is and top up your washer fluid for you.... maybe you need one? hehe

Think i can manage filling my washer fluid resevoir. Although, they can come and fill up my pint if they want, hopefully not with washer fluid..