A4 pd130 egr valve

whiteek4

Reaction score
Hi all, having a few problems with the egr valve. It has quite a bit of oil leaking from it. I have had it apart and cleaned it up and fitted a new o ring that goes between the egr and inlet manifold. Was ok for a little but its started happing again so looked into it a bit more and found on this site that oil collects in the intercooler, so i have had it all apart(not much oil came out) and cleaned it up. Ia there any other reason it could be leaking. Is there any other gaskets on the egr valve that might need replacing? Any help would be great. Thanks

There no other gaskets on the egr mate
But it could be the horseshoe clip that holds the boost pipe onto the egr.
Also might be worth checking the inlet gasket whilst your at it.

The horseshoe clips will be pennies from tps too, so replace them and clean any oil from the pipe and egr.
Also check your oil levels, or that you haven't spilt any near the area.

Plus it is a diesel so your not not going to expect a full clean engine are you???

Mine dosent weep btw and it hasn't had the O ring replaced.

Ok cheers. I'll get another look at it and see if a can see anything else.

Mine was leaking so fitted a new O ring which pretty much cured the leak. However I can still see a small weep from the top of the valve where it is peened over. If it stops raining I'll take a picture in a bit.

Reactions: whiteek4
Not the best picture but it just about shows the leak.

WP 20140810 004

Good pic I was looking at mine just this weekend too as it is leaking from the same spot, initially I replaced the same o-ring and used sealant too but found it was still weeping slowly from elsewhere.
I've already got exhaust blanking plates on the manifold and egr but I think I might get a darkside developments egr delete pipe as my map turns it off anyways.