BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Free tinting on the side windows for starters!:)
I've paid for it already so not expecting to pay for it. They believe the replacement glass will have to come from Germany so maybe an R8 as loan car if they take mine in for a few days :audibash:

Having an R8 for a few days would be good!! It's a poor mistake to have made to be honest!! I take it everything else is as it's meant to be? No other little surprises! When are you due for collection?

Giffgaff is a subsidiary of O2 and has minimal capacity allocated to them, Tesco Mobile on O2 had much better speeds. The last year has seen them lose a load of customers after serious data speed issues and the new data management procedures introduced a couple of months ago have done next to nothing to improve this. They really are only suited to people who just want mobile phone for emergencies and not for serious use.
Most ex-customers, including me, have jumped to 3 and have never looked back.

It looks like they're are a sinking ship which is a shame because they used to be pretty good.

OK - that's interesting. I didn't realise all that. I used to use Ovivo on my phone. I am a pretty low user so it worked well - I didn't pay anything!. They used Vodaphone but their business model didn't stand up and they closed down.
I use Three now and am very satisfied (apart from the fact that the coverage at my home is poor!). But I have a landline anyway.
Certainly if I had the connect package in my Audi I would certainly use a 3 SIM.

I have not. Should be by 3rd November.

I thought that might be the case. What I don't understand is how some people on BW 41 are being told they will get their cars next week. Doesn't seem fair at all.

My car ended up crossing the Atlantic earlier than I originally thought, and instead of taking delivery the week of October 27th, I picked up the car last Tuesday:

8cd6c5b3f71a64131dc5d569f1a21475.jpg
957e6a48bab3e135fef14774446c22e4.jpg
f55d57a800560daeb07db4b0bab249f0.jpg
2839e34ace7a8cda71e3afccf9f18608.jpg
70271143444e79c4c4faaa065700720b.jpg

I decided to take the front plate off, which looks much better in my opinion:
b34689ccea3039a177b140bac5390d78.jpg

Reactions: nadsi77, Reggieboy71, Andyh1873 and 3 others
My car is on its way now.
Got the VIN and everything checks out on myAudi.

Starting to feel real now.
Excitement building!

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight
My car is on its way now.
Got the VIN and everything checks out on myAudi.

Starting to feel reel now.
Excitement building!
Has it reached your shores as yet? I was given the VIN when the car was built (I registered on My Audi straight away) but apparently the car is still at Emden...

Has it reached your shores as yet? I was given the VIN when the car was built (I registered on My Audi straight away) but apparently the car is still at Emden...

On a vessel today heading to UK Port of Tyne.
Assume it's the City of Barcelona vessel.

Reactions: Andrew_Bu
Have all of you on BW40 now taken delivery of your cars?
Not yet!! Heard nothing and no idea where the car is!! Got a letter to confirm BW 29thSept (BW40) been and gone,however on my order form expected delivery date is 15/11/2014!!

Picked my bw40 up yesterday, loving it. Couple pics in photo thread.

Reactions: The Challinor
Mine hasn't arrived yet either.
Takes longer to create RS perfection though..........

Still nothing!! No return emails or calls!! To say I'm in the dark about the situation is an understatement!!!

I texted my dealer at 9am today, no reply. Frustrating, isn't it?! You don't want to be a nuisance but at the same time you want to know what's happening. My car was ordered in May so I'm not as unfortunate as some on here but even so....

I texted my dealer at 9am today, no reply. Frustrating, isn't it?! You don't want to be a nuisance but at the same time you want to know what's happening. My car was ordered in May so I'm not as unfortunate as some on here but even so....
Ordered in July & been patient so far!! Just an update to say 'we haven't forgotten about you,the car will be with you soon will do'!! Not too much to ask in the grand scheme of things..Surely!!

Ordered in July & been patient so far!! Just an update to say 'we haven't forgotten about you,the car will be with you soon will do'!! Not too much to ask in the grand scheme of things..Surely!!

You did well to achieve a BW 40 in July! Are you definitely locked into that slot? My worry would be that you've slipped back. Fingers crossed for you that its not the case...

You did well to achieve a BW 40 in July! Are you definitely locked into that slot? My worry would be that you've slipped back. Fingers crossed for you that its not the case...
Got a letter to confirm the car went into production week commencing 29th Sept (BW40). When I ordered in July I was originally given a verbal BW 37!!! But I agree with you that it has probably slipped back but haven't been notified......

^So, it will have taken 5 weeks from your build week to collection date? That seems very odd. I was BW38 and have had my car two weeks now.

^So, it will have taken 5 weeks from your build week to collection date? That seems very odd. I was BW38 and have had my car two weeks now.
I know Phil! Looks like it was pushed back from BW40 even though I have a letter to confirm it,but wasn't informed!!

Thanks Andrew! Hopefully you'll get good news soon too mate! There is light at the end of the tunnel....at last!!

I'm very despondent after today's update but I know it's only a matter of time before I get it....