Switched Live in Fuse Box

fps_cod

Reaction score
Hi All.

I'm adding USB for charging into my armrest and need to find a switched live.

So looking in the fuse box i've been told 1-11 are switched. I was going to tap in to no.4 which is the heater, but I then read that NHN advises against it.

So, should I add a fuse to slot no.5 which is the adaptive lights slot, and I don't have them. I was going to use a 5A fuse.

Also, I can see there is one connection in the fuse slot, what repair wire would I need to add the second connection?

Read a lot of different installation guides that have been very useful, but not specific to the A3

Thanks!

There should be a spare unused slot, so add this as a new fused point with repair wires from audi.

Ok. Where would I get the live for the unused slot? And which repair wire?

2.8mm terminals - ATM fuse (small fuses)
000 979 021 : 0.5mm wire
000 979 133 : 1.0mm wire
000 979 225 : 2.5mm wire

F6 in the engine in fuse box near battery is my switched live. I use it for my drls. On with ignition and on engine cut off!

If fuses 1-11 have a spare slot, it already has the feed on the main bar for those fuses anyway, all you need to add is the repair wire rated for the item to be powered, push into the slot, add a fuse & that's it, plus the negative of course down in the footwell terminals.

If fuses 1-11 have a spare slot, it already has the feed on the main bar for those fuses anyway, all you need to add is the repair wire rated for the item to be powered, push into the slot, add a fuse & that's it, plus the negative of course down I n the footwell terminals.

Ah brilliant thanks! It's only a USB charging port. Going use a adapter that used to go in the cig port. 12v to 5v type thing.

I was thinking the 1.0mm wire for it.

Thanks