TimWills28

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

My last problem with my car.

I've got an A3 TDI 140 2004.

My clutch pedal seems to get stuck sometimes when I change gear. It engages the gears fine both up and down.

It's only when I change to 3rd for example and remove my foot. It will come up just past biting point and stay there until it pops up fully or until I put my toe underneath the pedal to pop it back manually.

It doesn't affect driving or changing gears. Still changes smoothly and biting point is fine. Just keeps scuffing my shoes or marking my trainers.

Any ideas?

ive had this occur to me a couple of times... but not frequent enough to warrant concern... yet.

I "think" it's something to do with the over-centre spring in the clutch pedal, it might be getting jarred/caught as it goes into the mid-point of the mechanism.

Park the car on FLAT and LEVEL ground, firmly.... FIRMLY apply the handbrake and, with the car OFF...

Stick your head under the console and push the clutch in and out with your hand... you will see a small spring mechanism, and how theres a part that goes "over-centre" and moves back... hard to explain. but just have a look and get back to everyone here on what you see...

Had a look today nothing there! No spring just this
3evabura.jpg
... Any ideas?

Look a little bit higher than the master cylinder... push the clutch pedal back and forth as you look, you will see a spring thingy..

See here!
3evabura

The only other thing it could be, if its not something around the clutch pedal... is a sticky slave cylinder... not sure how hard they are to "test" and/or replace... need someone who has replaced one before to chime in here and comment??