Going stage 2- Looking for downpipe & decat. Which one?

Gaz-M

Reaction score
My mate has a 2001 S3 and is after a 3" downpipe and de-cat so he can go stage 2. He isnt keen on paying £350 kind of money, i see theres talk of a £86 one that needs flange modified or cut or something, whats the deal with that?

He has a milltek catback, intake, TIP and i think a stage 1 map already, how much better will it be with downpipe/ decat and stage 2 software?

im guessing the £86 one is the k03 downpipe, would need to modify it to fit a k04, not sure what is involved tbh. can't imagine it being too hard of a job if you can tig weld and have a chopsaw

86 quid one will be for a K03 (fwd A3, Glof etc)... S3 ones are available from Pipewerx or Relentless...

Better quality Pipewerx one is more expensive..
Audi TT S3 3" Exhaust Down Pipe & De Cat Bypass | eBay

...but a lot of S3 owners here use the relentless one which can be variable quality and fitment wise but cheaper
Downpipe Audi S3 TT Seat Leon 1.8T 3" Decat De Cat exhaust down pipe UK STOCK | eBay

Just make sure you use an OE gasket for the turbo to DP as the perforated ones supplied are next to useless

<tuffty/>

86 quid one will be for a K03 (fwd A3, Glof etc)... S3 ones are available from Pipewerx or Relentless...

Better quality Pipewerx one is more expensive..
Audi TT S3 3" Exhaust Down Pipe & De Cat Bypass | eBay

...but a lot of S3 owners here use the relentless one which can be variable quality and fitment wise but cheaper
Downpipe Audi S3 TT Seat Leon 1.8T 3" Decat De Cat exhaust down pipe UK STOCK | eBay

Just make sure you use an OE gasket for the turbo to DP as the perforated ones supplied are next to useless

<tuffty/>

Take Tufftys advice, i fitted my relentless with the gasket supplied and it was blowing withing 48 hours. Get a oem one from TPS for £8 and save yourself a world of pain

Thanks chaps, im going to order him one of those relentless ones and a Audi gasket as per your advice. Much appreciated.

Will he notice a big difference between stage 1 and fitting this and stage 2 mapping?

Stage 2 typically gives more midrange power/torque with the right setup... these types of mods are all about keeping the engine happy temperature wise so the ECU doesn't intervene as much when cylinder temps/EGTs rise.

<tuffty/>

Cheers, downpipe on its way thanks for advice. Will update when fitted and mapped!

has he not got fmic? + 1 for blow exhaust gasket after market are rubbish i just replaced mine for one from audi dealer was a *** hole of a job when you have 3" down pipe and relentless exhaust mani:banghead:

Yeh it has a Forge front mount, Milltek decat and an intake kit.