S3 driveshaft brands

Bennys3

Reaction score
Needing too buy a drivers side drive shaft for my s3 any brands I should look out for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please use the wanted section in the classifieds when asking if anyone specifically for parts... edited thread accordingly

<tuffty/>

Sorry tufty didn't even realise there was a classifieds bit haha! Cheers jim will have a look and see if I can find 1 do you know of anywhere that have them online?

Audi Genuine shafts / joins are supplied by GKN / Lobro, but you can get them from GSF, Euro Car Parts etc.

I have tried many joints from the likes of Q-drive, J&R etc. In my experience they don't last 5 minutes, especially on a tuned car.

My record for CV joint destruction was with a Q-Drive joint on My tweaked up diesel golf, it lasted 7 miles :(

Oh I've just ordered a j&r as they have 2 year warranty on them haha will see what it's like on Tuesday!

I don't even need a shaft too it's the boot that's knackered and can't find the right boot anywhere for it! The metal plate on the frontline/first line don't go over the inner cv and I have no idea how a universal 1 would keep the cv together

I don't even need a shaft too it's the boot that's knackered and can't find the right boot anywhere for it! The metal plate on the frontline/first line don't go over the inner cv and I have no idea how a universal 1 would keep the cv together

If the boot has recently split and there is not yet wear in your inner joint I would not go swapping a decent shaft for a J&R one just because a boot has split.

To change the inner boot you need to remove the shaft, then knock the plate off the back of the inner joint (the plate / cup that fits into the gearbox) this will then reveal a circlip on the end of the shaft. Once removed the inner joint will slide off the shaft and you can replace the boot.

The J&R boots are actually not too bad, this is what you want for an S3: VW GOLF MK4 INNER BOOT KIT-GAITER-CV BOOT KIT-DRIVESHAFT BOOT KIT-BOOTKIT | eBay

Done all that today and it's just a nightmare with the boot kits I've been getting and when we built it up the joint wouldn't move at all so I'm just going for a new shaft! I might get this new shaft then fix the original as I need a car and can't wait too long for parts too arrive. I have ordered j&r shaft will be here Monday I'll buy a new cv joint and get the original shaft back in next weekend and then I'll have a spare with couple years warranty on it :)