Audi A3 8P 2009 RNSE Navigation stereo faulty display, Its upside down ? :(

bowdizle

Reaction score
Audi A3 8P 2009 RNSE Navigation stereo faulty display, Its upside down ? :(
I Put my car in the garage for some paint work, the battery went dead and was pretty crap and when they started the car back up the display on the screen was upside down.
I have replaced the battery with a new one and its the same still? I noticed the screen was not central sometimes but nothing major and once the screen used to go black but fixed that, it was the ribbon black on one end and I trimmed it back and it was perfect again. Any suggestions please.
IMG 3222IMG 3222IMG 3222

From the manual:-

Press the ON/OFF knob to switch the Navigation System
off.
– Press and hold the ON/OFF knob until the display reappears and turns black.
– Release the ON/OFF knob as soon as the display has
turned black. After a few seconds, the Navigation System
begins its restart, or you can switch it on manually

Have you tried pulling the fuse for the nav and leaving it overnight?

Is this fuse in the back of the Nav? Ive tried only the 2 suggestions above so far.

"Get it into engineering mode n see if theres any 1) Turn on RNS-E.

2) Press the NAV button and release.

3) Press the top-left cursor button for 5 seconds and release.

4) Press the top-right cursor button for 5 seconds. Hold until the screen changes."

Thanks, just tried that and went through all the options in engineering mode but nothing :(

The cars had no battery on it for a long time, that would just be the same would it not? Thanks

Audi A3 8P 2009 RNSE Navigation stereo faulty display, Its upside down ?
I Put my car in the garage for some paint work, the battery went dead and was pretty crap and when they started the car back up the display on the screen was upside down.
I have replaced the battery with a new one and its the same still? I noticed the screen was not central sometimes but nothing major and once the screen used to go black but fixed that, it was the ribbon black on one end and I trimmed it back and it was perfect again. Any suggestions please.

I noticed the screen was not central sometimes but nothing major and once the screen used to go black but fixed that, it was the ribbon black on one end and I trimmed it back and it was perfect again.

From this I'm guessing you've had the unit open? My guess would be that the ribbon inside needs replacing as you may have damaged the original. You might find a new one on ebay.

I noticed the screen was not central sometimes but nothing major and once the screen used to go black but fixed that, it was the ribbon black on one end and I trimmed it back and it was perfect again.

From this I'm guessing you've had the unit open? My guess would be that the ribbon inside needs replacing as you may have damaged the original. You might find a new one on ebay.

It was slightly off centre before I trimmed it and was very careful and it was simple to do and worked perfect after? I guess Im going to have to take it apart again, I was glad when it was done the 1st time around :(

Thanks for all tips and Thoughts. Fixed it, needs a New Ribbon but salvaged the old one and spot on ;)