Another S3....

Greg-S3

Reaction score
So I'm back in an S3 again after having a B6 A4 and a couple of BMW's and I've got to say does feel good to have an S3 again! I'll get some pics up tomorrow, but it's in dolphin grey, full history, half leather half suede recaro's sunroof, climate, bose, factory sat nav with tv function and the body is in amazing condition. It wasn't without its issues, needed a new tip, which in fairness I got from Audi £103+vat, new breather pipe on the rocker cover £31+vat and it's had a uprated recirc valve fitted (the wrong way round which I've now corrected) it's had a new motor but the wipers didn't park properly and a few other small issues, but all in all I'm so so pleased with it. I'll keep everyone updated on its progress as it occurs!

Pictures, not the best but pictures as agreed!
2a3uregu.jpg

a7urehy8.jpg

y8ajeru8.jpg

usepevu2.jpg

Reactions: jojo, bigray and Gmac
So did some tinkering tonight, fitted a new standard dv, replaced some perished vac pipes and fixed my osf door blade. How much are they new? Anyone know?

So did some tinkering tonight, fitted a new standard dv, replaced some perished vac pipes and fixed my osf door blade. How much are they new? Anyone know?

priced 1 up at tps only the other day and there £211 + vat

Another night of fettling the car, carried out a service including plugs. Also changed my coolant and fitted a new coolant tank and cap. But my best result of the night was getting my dead bose sub working and my cd changer!

Last edited:
So today I've given the car a full 2000 wet flat and a full 3 stage polish, and the results are epic! The pictures don't do it justice!
yra8e4an.jpg

u5yvebem.jpg

e4e7ynan.jpg

Reactions: Nilz and jojo
So today has been a productive day, got a few jobs done. So replaced the NSF driveshaft as both boots had split, changed the gear box oil, haldex oil and filter change and the rear diff, even have the car a full steam clean underneath!

Car looks ace mate! What brand of driveshaft did you go for?

You have too much time!!!

Keep up the good work ;)

Looks lovely, specially those seats! Though there appears to be something wrong with your camera...all the pictures have weird colours.

You have too much time!!!

Keep up the good work ;)

No mate I'm just lucky I've got a ramp etc so things don't take me long, had all that work done within an hour and a half. Fitted a new MAF today as well, it's smoothed the drive out a lot! Only changed it as I reckon mine was the original!

So been doing a few bits and bobs to my car.
Fitted the ambient lighting...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406662016855257

Also fitted an 8p S3 gear knob
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406662070407944

It's also benefited from power flex lower arm bushes, and mainly a whole heap of mechanical bits! Good news is most of it I had from last time!

Gear knob looks good, easy to fit? And if you don't mind me asking how much.

Mark

Gear knob looks good, easy to fit? And if you don't mind me asking how much.

Mark

Yes mate it's simple, you just need to swap the surrounds over which is just a case on bending a few tabs out of the way! As for the gear knob it's a perfect fit and it fits the same as the original! Cost wise if I remember right it was £45 inc postage! Was a bargain at the time. New they are around £120

So today had a bit of time on my hands and decided it was cleaning time so it looks presentable for Audi in the park... Have it the full once over, and it's not photo shopped, I've got it that shiney!
5uguqady.jpg

Reactions: JOSE8LT and DarrenS3
So today had a bit of time on my hands and decided it was cleaning time so it looks presentable for Audi in the park... Have it the full once over, and it's not photo shopped, I've got it that shiney!
5uguqady.jpg

That looks stunning!

Mate thanks! Just a shame it's now humping it down with rain! And I was all ready for Audi in the park 6! Bet they cancel it cause of the fields flooding!

Your welcome. Oh no, what a bummer. I was looking forward to trying to get my standard font seats back in today, but the rain says nooooooo!

Your welcome. Oh no, what a bummer. I was looking forward to trying to get my standard font seats back in today, but the rain says nooooooo!

In fairness I'm just after getting my car mapped, so once that's done suppose I'll go home! I know revo are going but wanted apr ideally but time will tell! What seats are you taking out mate?

In fairness I'm just after getting my car mapped, so once that's done suppose I'll go home! I know revo are going but wanted apr ideally but time will tell! What seats are you taking out mate?

I am taking out the sparco seats because they don't tilt forward and I need to use the back seats fairly often. Tried doing it for 2 hours or so yesterday morning with no success, because I think I need to take the seat belt bit off the seat to get the seat in on the rails.

Remap, Oh yeah! I have never tried a Revo map as I have only ever had R-Tech's maps on my golf and I have R-Tech stage 2 on my S3. It feels amazing!

So had my remap done at Audi in the park and I'm really pleased, my car had no faults logged and was reading all the right figures, so the car was mapped for v power and revo said its a 265bhp map and I'm really pleased with the results! Really nice guys to. It feels so much smoother and the throttle doesn't feel as flat! Problem is now I want more :(

Reactions: DarrenS3
So had my remap done at Audi in the park and I'm really pleased, my car had no faults logged and was reading all the right figures, so the car was mapped for v power and revo said its a 265bhp map and I'm really pleased with the results! Really nice guys to. It feels so much smoother and the throttle doesn't feel as flat! Problem is now I want more :(

Great news! I remember when I got my Golf remapped, I said that was going to be as far as I would mod it, but then 3 and a half years on I couldn't help but chase the power and ended up with a 260+ bhp golf LOL

Yesterday when I plugged in my liquid cube I tested my audi's bhp which also read 265bhp. It is supposed to be 280 bhp, but the road wasn't long enough to properly test it LOL

Great news! I remember when I got my Golf remapped, I said that was going to be as far as I would mod it, but then 3 and a half years on I couldn't help but chase the power and ended up with a 260+ bhp golf LOL

Yesterday when I plugged in my liquid cube I tested my audi's bhp which also read 265bhp. It is supposed to be 280 bhp, but the road wasn't long enough to properly test it LOL

Liquid cube? Sounds like a good piece of kit, any info on them?

****** paintwork looks brand new! Really nice s3 tho think it would look even better if she was a little lower!

****** paintwork looks brand new! Really nice s3 tho think it would look even better if she was a little lower!

It's already in hand mate! Going for new dampers, top mounts etc and eibach springs

Reactions: JOSE8LT