Cruise control issues not the clutch or brake switch??

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all
I have tested the clutch + brake switch with a multi meter and also plugged in and it came out with clutch switch implausable signal ....

Other than that error code i had sensor bank 1 (aparently lambda sensor) and also i have a error code for O2 sensor (MAF) i think this has come on since i put bens S2000 air filter on ...

I then cleared all fault codes

Then when i re-put the clutch switch back in cruise control worked once ... i then hit the brake to dis-engage it and then tried it again and it still doesnt work since.

My question is...

Can the O2 fault code stop my cruise control from working ?

Or if not any other ideas on what could effect cruise control working ?

P.s the bank 1 sensor fault has not returned (Yet)

its the clutch switch

that's why we need all info at the start

see with you removeing it and refiting then it worked once that's why I said clutch switch
as that's what mine did.
the brake and clutch switch don't always show up on vcds.

have you done the tests in vcds that show when your switching the cruise stalk and brake and clutch switch ?

Hey sorry for the short reply ...
No i havent got easy access to a vcds unfortunatly i am going back during the next week to plug it in again and i will get the codes of every fault then. The stalk was working thats what i dont inderstand and so is the clutch switch it must be something inbetween these that is causing the issue. Is yours working now since you had a problem with yours ?
Thanks for your help i do appriciatte it

yes to start with I had no codes
checked clutch an brake switch they were working
changed stalk for a known working one still nothing
used the measuring blocks on vcds and it was the clutch switch.

Ah brilliant thanks i will speak to my mechanic and explain this to him and im aure he will understand this .... thanks for the heads up

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…