Best Dumpvalve/Divertor Valve?

keendean

Reaction score
I was looking at one of these for my S3-

Bailey DV30 - Piston 'Re-circulating' Dump Valve - Black

Any pointers

Thanks

I'm running a Hyperboost HX, a big difference on the standard Bosch one by all accounts

Ive had my Bailey DV for nearly five years and ive had no problems at all with it, I would definately recommend Bailey DV's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I also have friends with the Forge 007p and these seem to be very good too.

forge 007 for me,good service from forge.

I like the new "eliminator" diaphragm DV from forge. If I had to change again I'd consider one.

Personally I'm running a 007 on mine and a cheapo "ebay" dv on my golf as a test. The ebay item is an exact copy of the 007 but at a reduced price. All the forge internals fit too!

The best DV...

For performance... probably the Audi OEM one

For reliability as aftermarket one such as AmD Viper, Forge 007 etc.

I have a Hyperboost HX. Smoother gear changing to the Bosch.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I find the Audi OEM seems to function quicker. I also found myself servicing the 007 every 3-6 months which was a bigger pain in the *** then just changing a new OEM one each time for £14

I'm only guessing here, but could the faster response times from the OEM valve be down to the diaphragm design being better performance than the piston types?

if so, that makes the new forge eliminator very tempting..

Nervus, how is unsrewing the top and adding a bit of lube more hassle than buying a new valve and then refitting it? Takes 5 mins to check it after an oil change for example.

Madvw, yes, diaphragm type have a faster reponse than piston, thus my recommendation of the "eliminator", as long as it does indeed last as long as forge say.

HTC, I didn't think of taking the top off it on the car TBH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I used to take it off then service it then re-fit. I am a bit of a thick cnut though!