Its been ages since I've been on here so a bit out of the loop
on mods etc, has anyone here replaced the oem headlights with the
"DRL led type ? Seen a few on eBay that look pretty decent but
not sure which ones to go for, and also which springs are better
H&R or eibach ??

Thanks

rob

Welcome back Rob. Enjoy your new car:) x

Welcome back pal, I put 2 different sets of DRL aftermarket lights on my old B7 but IMHO they were rubbish, light output was very poor, ended up putting in OEM Bi-Xenons.
As for springs I went for the Eibach 50/40 split (from Damian @ DPM performance/sponsor on here), they were excellent.

I like the look of the DRL-style replacement headlights, but like Mac, I didn't fancy the poor light output. So I left my OEM halogens in place, and fitted separate Dectane DRL's, tailored to the B7 SE grill inserts. You can just see them in my signature pic.

Oh, and my lowering springs are Eibach, also supplied by Damian at DPM Performance. Choose Eibach or H&R, you won't be disappointed either way.

Last edited:
Cheers for the welcome , jdp / did you wire the drl's directly to the side lights ? I'll probably go for them
Where did you get them ?

These are the ones I installed (although I sourced them from Dectane's Ebay outlet). They also do a version for the S-Line bumper (CLICK HERE).

Thry come with their own loom that plugs into the existing headlight circuit, and then a separate wire running to an ignition live on the fuse box. I didn't fit them myself as I'm a sausage-fingered ******, but if you are half-way competent with a socket set, they are straightfordward to install.

This is what they looked like the day they were installed:

[video]http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jdp1962/media/DRLsfitted_zpsf9961bcc.mp4.html[/video]

Last edited: