iPod resume ????

sportyb

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my S3 just over 3 weeks ago and everything about it is fantastic, although I'm slightly disappointed that if I've been listening to my iPod on the way home, when I start the car in the morning the iPod doesn't start where it last left off - it starts with the 1st track alphabetically on the iPod. I have the Tech pack (with Connect) with the red collar cable connected to the iPod (2-3 generations back).

Is this a common 'feature' ? My last car was a golf and it always resumed play from where I last listen to it.

A bit annoying, but I can get round it with listen to music on the SD cards - but is this a fault ?

Any help appreciated ? Thanks

Mine starts from where it left off.

Only time it starts at the 'beginning' is if it's disconnected

First two things I'd look at:

1) is your battery holding charge overnight (e.g. Not losing it's memory position)
2) check your car battery voltage to ensure it isn't dropping to a level where it shuts various components down temporarily to retain battery

Thanks Warren_S3 - the car battery is fine - at least it should be as it's brand new and all the other memories are ok, but maybe it's the iPod. I leave it in the armrest all the time so maybe it's losing battery overnight. I'll have a look and see.

Presume other people don't disconnect it overnight ?

when you stop the car,do you stop the playback or turn off the ignition whilst it is still playing?

when you stop the car,do you stop the playback or turn off the ignition whilst it is still playing?

I just turn off the ignition - the same as I would do if the radio was on, or one of the SD cards. Just that make a difference ?

I have to say, after mucking around with iPods and cables, I came to the conclusion that it was far less hassle to buy a 64GB SD card and a USB3 card adaptor and just dump my iTunes library onto the card and leave it in the car. :)

Reactions: Jerodequin and phil1824
I just turn off the ignition - the same as I would do if the radio was on, or one of the SD cards. Just that make a difference ?

If I turned off the ignition with the ipod running it starts back where I left off

My iPod touch works flawlessly and always remembers where it was and continues from there, often even if I disconnect it.

I've noticed in mine (non-tech pack) that whenever you press the back button it just goes to the top folder of music so you have to sift through all of the playlists/albums etc. That's quite annoying.

Yep, I had an iPod classic (the one built around a hard disk)
That one never resumed, and the battery was always exhausted

Switched to a solid state iPod (the little tiny ones) and it works like a charm.

Seems that Audi powers down the newer models, whereas the good old classic would keep on running until the battery gave up!

An SD card is a lot less hassle (I have two 64Gb sticks in the car) but I use the iPod because it is so much easier to sync up my latest music purchases, and for that reason I like to keep one in the car!