New member with a question

jwright

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been browsing the forum for a while after purchasing an 02 A4 1.9TDi Quattro Avant.

20140111 150027

Already done some smaller jobs with help from the guides on here. Really helpful so thanks!

I have a question though and I'm hoping I don't get the answer I'm expecting (new turbo time!).

As I drove the car today I could hear a croaking noise as my turbo spooled up, it was only brief and disappeared after a couple of seconds. The car pulls the same and it's only noticeable when you put your foot down. I've suspected a boost leak for a while as I also get a noise like a blow off valve when letting off the throttle on full boost.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Joe

Get is scanned and do a number of output tests on it with VCDS.

As for noises, you will get a slight pssshhhh on high boost when changing gear.......well mine has always done it and is a late 04 AVF 60k miles engine with no issues and pulls like a train.

What miles has yours done?

Could be the tandem pump, mine makes this sound and it's the pump but get it scanned like the lads said then take it from there

Cheers guys, I'll give it a scan one night this week. The croaking noise wasn't there today, perhaps it was something to do with the warm weather we had?

Mike.M- It's just hit 160k this week

With those miles you would def start to get wearing out parts if they have not been changed so could be a number of things.

Plug it in and do some tests as mentioned with basic settings in the engine module.