My first Audi, would like advice

Alasdaircm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've bought myself an Audi A3 Sportback, 2.0 TFSI 2007. Silver manual. The mileage is 58k which I think is quite low for a car of this age too!

Absolutely love the car, feels like worlds apart from my previous cars. My last car was a Ford Ka which was far too small even though I mainly drive around London!

Would like some advice on a couple of things. When I went to look at the car it has full service history which consists of stamps from Audi garages and some ticks in boxes. Is this consistent with other people's experiences? I would have hoped for a bit more information but I'm going to call the garages today to double check on everything. Also, the timing belt hasn't been done yet, even though the car is 7 years old. The manual states that it doesn't need to be done until 118k miles, I would have thought that there would be an age thing to it as well?

It has a Concert CD player, but no iPod or multi-cd system. Is it difficult to fit an audio jack so I can plug in my iPhone? I don't want to spend a fortune on it and would quite like to be able to do it myself if possible.

I'll post some more questions I'm sure when I've actually got stuck into it, but only had the car for 2 days so far!

Cheers,

audi aony tick and stamp as most garages do so sounds normal
yes belt is ready for change also do the water pump at same time.

for your music get in touch with NHN (nigel) audi know it all on here he can normaly fit anything you need.

Reactions: NHN
Thanks, with the belt and water pump, is it worth waiting until the next major service? I'm tempted to phone up the garage I bought it from and have a major go at them if it is due a change.

you could call them and have a word
and i cant see it been a problem waiting till the service is due.

Yes an 07 car can have an auxin socket & if this is what you need then you could buy a simple kit on ebay, make sure its a quadlock if you have a silver knobbed double din radio.

We offer supply/fit of oem tech if you maybe futurewise would like to upgrade :)