Anyone fitted BBS RX wheels?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, just curiouse if anyone's fitted these? I've seen a few BBS wheels on here but I haven't found these on a car (they're slightly deep dished) anyone got any pic of cars with this alloy on it? cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

bbs-rx-2003.jpg

aah, its all about the dish. They will look awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, just curiouse if anyone's fitted these? I've seen a few BBS wheels on here but I haven't found these on a car (they're slightly deep dished) anyone got any pic of cars with this alloy on it? cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on an Audi...
But I had 'em back in 1996 on my first Mk3 GTI:

8357381-00df-02000138-B.jpg

They were 7.5 x 17 ET35.

Great wheels, fairly light and strong as hell - I broke a front coil-over on that car, and the wheel was 0.02mm out of fully round afterwards!

I agree, I love that dish shape and the price seems reasonable, and I 've been lookin around for ages for a decent set, and finally thought this would be good. Thanks for the info Ess, you're always a great help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Similar design but still not deep dished, I like these cause they're more deep dished /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif, I was wondering 8x8.5 should fit on an S3 right? and would I be able to fit 20" spacers in the back with 8.5" wheels?

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering 8x8.5 should fit on an S3 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup...

[ QUOTE ]

and would I be able to fit 20" spacers in the back with 8.5" wheels?

[/ QUOTE ]

20"!! 20 inch spacers???
WTF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Assuming you mean 20mm...then you will be pushing it close with a 8.5" wheel.
You'd be OK with 10s and probably be OK with 15 or16s if you run some rear negative camber to tuck the wheels up into the arches...

I was close to buffing with 8.0" wide and 16mm spacers, ET33 wheels..so assuming BBS RXs are ET35, but half an inch wider...you should be fine with 15s or 16mm spacers...but I'd doubt 20mm spacers will fit.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I meant MM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif 15mm still sounds good, never knew 16s existed but I guess why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forge do 16s...that's what mine were.

Do u notice any drawbacks from having big spacers? my bro have 20mm in the back of his golf and told me it feels different when you take turns (like a go cart feeling) lol, would u agree to say that it does change the way the car handles? for better or worse?

[ QUOTE ]
Do u notice any drawbacks from having big spacers? my bro have 20mm in the back of his golf and told me it feels different when you take turns (like a go cart feeling) lol, would u agree to say that it does change the way the car handles? for better or worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

The car seemed to grip a little better than before...but the chassis was already fairly well set up to start with...

All in all...not a huge difference...possibly a bit more confidence inspiring...no adverse affects though.

Lets just say an unforseen and unpleasant change in my family circumstances has left me with lots of (unwanted) free time...and to avoid thinking too much about things...I'm on here.

Alternatively, I could be at work (nightshift...as I am now!) as I've just gone back offshore.

hope things pick up fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif as said, it's of course very handy havin ya around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sigma3, office type. Doing a quick trip to the Brent A and Eider on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...ever on here?

[ QUOTE ]

Sending guys your way too (UP Proj)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it well...

I guess you'll be sending people off to the Tern soo as well eh?
Especially after their 'incident' last night...

We'd be on there if there were beds available. We've got three guys there with no B2B and that's all I can get! I should be out there once we finish the accomodation upgrade - see you then maybe.

Tern! The Irony! We've just finished a PFP upgrade on there.