S3 Armrest

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to buy my first 8L S3 once I sell my 8P A3.

When scouting Autotrader, PistonHeads, eBay etc, I've noticed that some S3's have armrests and some don't appear to have one. Is there a general rule as to which S3's have them? e.g. facelift only.

If I settle on an S3 without one, how easy is one to fit and how expensive? They're pretty simple to fit in the 8P, hoping it's the same for 8L's!

Thanks

The ones that had the option box ticked from when they were new fella- like heated seats, sunroof, alli mirrors etc.

Not difficult to fit one at all and they do come up every now and again on classified/ebay but not exactly cheap for just an arm rest as they are always in demand the S3 ones due to them having the leather lid

Thanks for the replies dudes, didn't know they were an optional extra.

Hopefully I'll find a car with one but if not, I'll defo try to source and fit one. Always lacked one in my current car but never bothered to do anything about it.

Hello :)

I've just got my mitts on a replacement armrest for my noggy S3 since the previous owner managed yo break the mechanism it rotates on AND the steel mounting bracket underneath the floor boards!!!

anyway if your interested you can source a bracket for about 40 quid ( Audi wants conciderably more than that ) and if you want when I come down to Leeds at the end of May you can buy my armrest and see IF you can open up the mechanism and fix it... I might just do that anyhoo and see IF its an easy fix in which case I have a spare :)

Hello :) I've just got my mitts on a replacement armrest for my noggy S3 since the previous owner managed yo break the mechanism it rotates on AND the steel mounting bracket underneath the floor boards!!!anyway if your interested you can source a bracket for about 40 quid ( Audi wants conciderably more than that ) and if you want when I come down to Leeds at the end of May you can buy my armrest and see IF you can open up the mechanism and fix it... I might just do that anyhoo and see IF its an easy fix in which case I have a spare :)
Might not even have an S3 by end of May but shall keep that in mind dude. Thanks!

It's not hard to fit mate! I didn't have one in mine (jojo probably nicked it) :p but centre console comes out with a few screws.. I had to cut the hole out for the armrest (thanks to arrkon for helping me!) then putting it all back together didn't take too long! Lovely mod that really helps you relax on long journeys!

Reactions: leeds2592
I done mine a couple weeks back, I was lazy so didn't even bother taking the console all the way out. Undone the 2 bolts at the rear and 2 down by the front seats, drilled 4 8mm holes in the corners of the coin tray, cut between them with a junior hack saw blade, drop the braket it and bolt it in place, put the bolts for the center console back in, job done.