Help! Should I buy?? :-)

Krisgib

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice from the experts and enthusiasts. I posted on the TT thread originally, but doesn't look there's much activity down there, and this could be non-model specific!! Apologies in advance if I got that wrong, but here goes anyway! :)

There's an TT close to me for sale privately, but I have no experience with mods etc. and I just wondered what this ad would say to people who know more than me - is it worth considering or not (subject to the usual service history etc...)? The ad goes like this:

Audi TT Quattro 1.8 turbo for sale in immaculate condition throughout, with many extras, very low mileage for year 2003 - 35,500 miles/58500km, always garaged, silk Nappa leather upholstery, engine remapped with viezu (box included), all new: belts (timing, auxiliary), water pump, battery, tyres etc. parking sensors front and rear. Nu speed (think they mean Neuspeed) short shift kit replacement, updated front and rear anti-roll bars and brushes (bushes??) £9000 ono - for discerning drivers only etc. etc.

I don't know if viezu are respected remappers (their website says they've been doing it for "some years" which doesn't fill me with confidence), don't know what box included means, not sure why anti-roll bars and bushes would have been replaced unless it was a suspension upgrade... I have read that is someone has remapped for performance in a TT they should have also upgraded clutch, which doesn't seem to have happened, and if the remap is not a good one and overboosts the turbo, it's goodbye engine! in other words I'm just not sure whether this is a good buy - I do like my cars and my power, but venturing into areas where I have no real experience - my performance cars have always been stock!

Anyone got any thoughts? Would be much appreciated!

to me i would buy a stright car and do my own mods
the roll bars etc will have been done to help the handleing
clutch doesnt need to be done
the map will be a stage 1 if its a bad map then it will run crap.
but to be honest you have asked the question so you will never be happy if you buy thinking this will go pop that will be no good etc etc.

Viezu have not got the best reputation, always seems hit and miss. I would not be put off if a car has been modded, but in this case, I would agree with bez101.

That said, no harm in viewing it, just view it with your brain and not your heart!