A good place to buy a 3.2?

willtech

Reaction score
Hi guys,This is my first post on the forum.

Lots of good information on here which probably saved me yesterday!!
I live up in North Scotland and yesterday drove to Bradford to pick up an A3 3.2 Sportback. It was quite cheap £4000 . But one owner from new and an mot from vw/audi last month led me to believe it was worth the 800 mile round trip.The guy at People car company assured me the car was tip top. Anyway,I arrived to pick it up and have a test drive. I started the car and let it get up to temperature then held the revs at 2000 rpm..The car started missing and the revs were fluctuating between 2000 /1500.. it just wouldnt stay still.. So Ive read in a few places to do this test when going to look at one and it must keep its revs steady.. After phoning my mate who works for audi he told me to walk away(which I did)as he confirmed pretty much what I was thinking anyway.. Timing chain stretch!!! I took a fault code reader with me but he said that doesnt matter as the codes would have just been cleared and would stay cleared for a couple of weeks and then come back.. The guy at the place didnt seem that suprised when I told him the timing was off and that I wouldnt be taking the car...dodgy.
Long story short... I still dont have an a3 3.2 ..
The car reg is OV55 WHP by the way... Where would you guys recommend I go to buy one..a decent one..

Reactions: Davjon747
I eventually found mine by trolling Autotrader. I looked at several before buying mine. If you set your requirements to yourself and stick to them you will eventually find the car that you want. It took me 4 months to find mine but it was worth it in the end.