free suspension

Jonny54

Reaction score
Alright Gents.

I sold my Mk5 about a year ago and still have some 2004 GT suspension in the garage.

Would rather not scrap it if its of use to someone. Available for free from Lincoln. Please dont take it if your going to weigh it in though.

All thats required I would suggest would be new top mounts.

PM me if interested.

P.s Mods I didnt post this in the classifieds as I thought it would be more likely to reach someone that would find it useful in here rather than a scrap dealer. Also technically its not 'for sale' its free.
If this is a problem though please Pm me and I shall delete and repost it in the classifieds.

Reactions: NHN
hi is it standard shocks and springs will they fit a mk4 golf ?

MK5 suspension is the same as 8P A3.

I have a pair of 2010 S3 front dampers originally from Mojomorton going free too (fit all 55mm strut cars). Based near Manchester.

Perhaps a sticky thread for giveaways can be made? (As it's not strictly a sale)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny54 and NHN
Yes I agree, maybe a giveaway thread would be good, as long as its not abused by idiots trying there luck.

Good plan gents! :)

Tdi-man they to my knowledge 15-20mm lower than standard ones as they are from the GT.

But wont fit a MK4 anyway im afraid as the strut tops are different.

Also lads I have a Mk5 rear wiper motor and blade. I think I have all the bolts as well for it

I have a VR6 block I might be able to let someone have for a coffee table. Again, as long as they dont scrap it! :)

will the wiper motor fit my a3? interested in the springs also but miles away :(

I have a VR6 block I might be able to let someone have for a coffee table. Again, as long as they dont scrap it! :)
I'd love to have this for a table (I'm a glazier & would have no problem sorting out some glass!)

But I fear I'm too far away, right down in the south east coast of Kent :(

The wiper would fit an A3 yes! :)

And kent is a mission yeahh haha. A long drive for an engine block! Up to you matey :)