Just ordered an ST Suspension Kit (by KW) for my A3 Sportback...

Madpete

Reaction score
Alright guys, after much deliberation I've taken the plunge and ordered a suspension kit for my car...a 2010 A3 8P Sportback, it has the standard Audi SE suspension and its the 2.0 TFSI engine which has bluefin installed.

As you can imagine, there is too much power for the current setup...its way to soft and rolly in the corners, and bounces along on the straights.

So i've ordered the ST sport suspension kit from Awesome GTI, I've read they are made by KW and are of good quality with a 2 year warranty. They should drop the car by around 35-40mm (I didn't want to go too low) and stiffen things up a little. They also seemed very good value compared to the kits by H&R and Bilstein / Eibach.

One question i have though...speaking to a friend of mine, he said I should replace the bushes at the same time as the standard ones aren't up to the job? I'm technical not mechanical, so any advice here would be welcome.

Also if anyone has any experience with the kit on here it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

I've only ordered today, but intend to post some before and after pics once fitted along with a short review of the kit.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts,

Pete.

Last edited:
I would be very interested to hear your opinion on these. I almost had these bought but then chickened out at the last minute and purchased the KW V3s. The Inox Stainless Steel swayed it for me in the end.

I'll be sure to let you know. I spoke to the guys at awesome before ordering the kit to ask some questions. One of the things I asked was regrading build quality, and in particular how it compares to the H&R Cup kits. They said in their opinion the ST kits are at least as good, and may even be slightly better build wise. They also said the ride quality is more forgiving than the H&R's. Can't wait to find out now, hope I'm not disappointed!

Pete,

Please do post up your before & after pictures as well as your opinion on them. I am in the same boat as you, got a 1.8 TFSI A3 SE & back in December re-mapped it with Bluefin which made quite a big difference to the overall performance & drives so much better now. Very happy with that mod. So been thinking about lowering my car to improve the handling but due to the condition of the roads round my way want to retain an element of comfort with the set up. Look forward to hearing more.

Just had an email to say theres a delay getting the kit in from Germany...so its now gonna be a few weeks but I will update once I get the kit.

So, can anyone answer my earlier question.....do I need to swap over to uprated bushes when fitting the kit?

Well after a long wait, I've been told that I was facing another long wait.... So I've cancelled my order and ordered the Bilstein / Eibach B12 Prokit instead. This kit was my first choice tbh but the cost put me off, Let's hope it's worth it!

Sorry to hear that. I had a bit of a wait with my KWs as well. And I cant see you being disappointed with your new order, couple of big names there.
Oh and about the bushes. I didnt upgrade mine. Didnt fancy the extra cost at the time tbh. So just using the OEM ones and I have no problems at all. No doubt upgrading would be the superior option, but not totally necessary.

Thanks for the response Trev, big help.

Reactions: s3_trev