TQS track car project - extremely slow progress

So good news is that I got rid of the type r and got myself a 1.9 tdi Altea for daily driving so I will have a4 insured next week. Bad thing is that i started the car today and checked the headlight washers and they don't work again. Confused...

Yeah tried multiple times. Changed the pump just over a week ago and it was all fine. Didn't start the car until today and it doesn't work. Will need to see on Sunday wtf is going on. No visible leak from anywhere near the pump or washers. Can hear the pump working but washers don't move.

Guys, is that any good ?

Sorted :) 30 quid posted

Was £45 on ebay. Made an offer an he accepted :).

Yes. That was the one. Got some other bargains over the last couple of months but will update when car goes through the mot. Finally sorted insurance.

The front drivers door is missing the pins that the lower door trim and white clips would be attached to. So I either get a new door and a full set of door trims OR I get rid of all the trims and use some sticky tape/3m moulding trim instead. Anyone got rid of them?

A bit of OCD really.
Prefer to spend it on suspension upgrades to be honest so I think I will get rid of them all and just put a black
strip to cover the holes.

Ok people. What's the oil capacity in AJL? According to some websites it's 3.5L but it seems way too short in my case.

Assuming that it is standard size?

Hmm something fishy is going on with mine then.
Put 3.6 litres when changed oil and it was fine.
Today switched the car around (front higher on the hill), when started it I had knocking sound which didn't have before.
Didn't drive the car since changing oil and it sounded fine until today. Switched the engine off after leveling the car, when checked the oil was under minimum. Can't see any oil on the ground. Added more oil and sounds fine again.

mine usually takes over four, by the time its filled the oil filter etc.

Did you prime the oil filter or fit it dry?

I did add a bit of oil in to the filter but definitely not full.
Going for mot tomorrow so will check in the evening once again if the oil level is ok.
Fingers crossed for a pass!

i use the B6 one, rather than the giant one, and always pre-fill the filter.

Pretty sure it takes 4-4.5L though even with the non-giant filter.

Yeah, mine is now on around 4.2 and seemed fine with level at close to max.

You're running mocal oil cooler? How many rows?

Good news today is that the car went through mot with only advisory on tie rod end.
So now it is taxed and roadworthy.
The bad news is that I took it for about an hour drive and it is like a bag of nails.
On acceleration the car stutters like mad. Not every time though.
Most of the time at around 2200-2500 rpm. There is also a strange metallic high pitch sound at around 5k rpm coming
from the turbo area. Scanned it with vcds and it came out with N75 error which basically can be anything.

01262 - Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
26-00 - Output Open

Did a quick log on wastegate boost pressure. Not sure if that helps

So where should I start? Knowing my luck it's turbo gone.

no that N75 error is quite specific: "Output Open"

It means its either not plugged in, or theres a broken wire, or the valve is faulty.

The juddering could be a split pipe/air leak, bad MAF, bad coils or various other issues.

Your high pitched sound could simply be a boost leak, or it could be the turbo on deaths door. Pressure test the inlet and see if anything shows up, or have a really good check over all the charge pipework.

The sound is like a boost leak but at the same time sounds like a turbo "hissing". Sort of like a bov sound but more metallic.

Right. Had a look yesterday at the hoses.
The N75 wires have snapped completely so that's gonna be reason for error.
Is there any repair kit for this?

Also the small vacuum that goes from manifold to DV(i think) is cracked in 2 places.
Also is it normal that it has this kind of "extension"?

Additionally had a look at the turbo from underneath the car.
There is quite a bit of oil on the inlet side.
Not sure how a 150k miles turbo looks like but it doesn't look good.

The DV hose is usually one piece, best replace it!

for the N75, you can either buy a connector and some pins from the dealer, or just goto a scrappy and cut one off a scrap harness.

Check the pipes under/around the manifold too. One under there had split on mums and it was really jolty/juddery at the low end of the rev range.

Yeah the DV hose is really bad. Will get it changed. I might have to go to scrappy to get some wires for the n75 as mine are short now.

The pipe under manifold -is it a vacuum ? Didn't see anything there but might have missed it.

Theres two under the manifold, near the throttle body. One goes to the PCV, and the other goes to the tank vent.

Both exposed to boost and vacuum.

Will check tomorrow

Guys, which boost gauges do you use? I've been looking for one for a while now but can't find anything maching our tqs clocks.

I use the glowshift white dial gauge you have to set the colour to red when you get in but its in my 'routine' now haha

Heres mine :-

Yeah glowshift ones dont look bad. I really like the prosport halo ones even though they're black. Planning to get one for birthday next month so need to do a wish list :)