A4 special editions buying advice

big-al

Reaction score
Hi folks, I know this is my first post but I'm looking for info on the a4 2.0t fsi special edition. I'll hopefully be purchasing one is the next few weeks. My problem is, that I usually rely on my brother when it comes to checking out cars before I purchase them but seeing as he now stays in Aberdeen and spends most of his time overseas or in the middle of the North Sea, I'll need to go car shopping myself. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for before purchasing 1 of these models?

Second what Molboman says, there are lots of cars out there, so don't rush to buy this one unless everything is covered off. As with any car, make sure you check the basics, like condition, service history, and how it drives. Others on here with experience of that engine should be able to give you information on more specific things to watch out for.

Hi yes agree with all above just look for one that has been. Loved, also if you go for anything that has higher mileage. 67,000 or five years the cambelr and water pump should have been changed and look at tires hope that was a help

Aswell as the cambelt, make sure the cam chain has been replaced aswell. It's not really a cheap job to fix but it's something that will require doing. If it hasn't been done and your in love with the car in every other way, try get yourself atleast £600 off to have the job done yourself. It may never fail but it's not worth testing.

Leg room is adequate not over spacious.....My kids are 1.86cm tall and can fit comfortably in the back for quite a long time. Three adults might struggle in the back for ling periods.

BR
A