A3 or A3 Sportback??

Sorry to bring back such an old thread guys! But I'm currently looking at the dilemma of A3 or A3 sportback. Does anyone know the actual length of the front doors (yes random I know!)?

I currently have a 3 door A1 which I love, but going up to the 3 door A3 I not the sure if the large doors would be practical. My work has a multi-storey car park which was apparently built back when the original mini was the everyday car, so things are a little tight with today's modern sized cars! So just interested to coma ore the difference.

Short of getting someone to measure it for you you could estimate by measuring the door length in the dimensions drawing in the model brochure (hard copy or PDF) and do a ratio calculation to estimate the door length of both variants.

If it's of any use, I've never had any trouble getting in or out of our rag top in car parks, I imagine the doors are of very similar length to the 3 door.

That's good to hear, I imagine it wouldn't be too much larger than mine and I don't have too much trouble at preset. Nice idea Daveotto, I'll give it a try!

Sorry to bring back such an old thread guys! But I'm currently looking at the dilemma of A3 or A3 sportback. Does anyone know the actual length of the front doors (yes random I know!)?

I currently have a 3 door A1 which I love, but going up to the 3 door A3 I not the sure if the large doors would be practical. My work has a multi-storey car park which was apparently built back when the original mini was the everyday car, so things are a little tight with today's modern sized cars! So just interested to coma ore the difference.
I have had a 3 door for over a year and have never experienced a problem opening same in a car park. Miss four doors on the few occasions with have to load the child seats, otherwise all OK.

Done some quick calcs, and the doors on my A1 are approx 1.296m in length, the A3 doors are approx 1.301m, so pretty similar which is good. For reference the A3 Sportback front doors are approx 1.085m.