HELP! Possible electrical problem?!

DulcieAC

Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm new on here and a woman so please bear with me!

I have an 05 Audi A3 Sport 2ltr petrol. 2 weeks ago my drivers window just stopped working - it went down a little made a funny clunking noise went back up and now doesn't work. Then this week, I was sat in my car outside work with the drivers door open - usually when it's open there's a light come on the dash indicating that the door is open - this has now stopped working and I can just see the normal dash lights (outside temp, radio station etc). THEN - in the car today again outside work (ignition on but not engine) and the outside temp reading showed 8+ degrees outside and then slowly but surely started creeping up until it got to 18+ degrees (this happened in the space of 5 minutes) - I had to go back in to work at this point so no idea if this would have carried on creeping up or not.

Can anyone please shed any light on what is happening or what this could possibly be?! I have my mechanic friend looking at the window tomorrow as when I first spoke to him this was the only issue but now not sure if this could be something electrical that is linked to all the above problems.

Any help or advice would be much appreiciated (please try and tell me in English as I'm a woman and not great with the technical car language!)

Thanks

Clunking noise sounds like the regulator

Temp maybe its got a mind of it own? haha

It could be as mentioned the window regulator,then again it could be the wiring in the door loom as these are also prone to the wires breaking

i want a job like yours