RaceChip Pro or DTUK

juddster

Reaction score
I'm currently considering a tuning box for my new Audi A3 1.4 COD. It appears there are two companies out there doing tuning box upgrades and both are manufactured in Germany. Both even offer the same performance figures. I guess it's highly likely that they are the same units but branded differently.
The RaceChip Pro is available direct or on EBay and is cheaper.
Does anyone have any opinion on these or experience.
I know DTUK are on the forum but I have messaged the guy twice and had no response so don't really feel I have any reason to use them simply because he's an active member on here and UK based.
The feedback I have had from RaceChip Pro based in Germany has been excellent and they appear to really know there stuff.

I'm currently considering a tuning box for my new Audi A3 1.4 COD. It appears there are two companies out there doing tuning box upgrades and both are manufactured in Germany. Both even offer the same performance figures. I guess it's highly likely that they are the same units but branded differently.
The RaceChip Pro is available direct or on EBay and is cheaper.
Does anyone have any opinion on these or experience.
I know DTUK are on the forum but I have messaged the guy twice and had no response so don't really feel I have any reason to use them simply because he's an active member on here and UK based.
The feedback I have had from RaceChip Pro based in Germany has been excellent and they appear to really know there stuff.

I have no idea about race chip but can recommend DTUK as I have had a tuning box from them for my TT and it worked really well!!
Good luck!!

I have no pms from yourself, this is the reason I've not replied.

We do offer email, and telephone numbers including my own personal mobile number on our website. So no reason why you can't contact us..

Some feedback from an ASN member..
Diesel Tuning Testimonials - 2013 Audi 1.4 TFSI COD 140PS + DTUK FSR Review

Testimonials » 2013 Audi 1.4 TFSI COD 140PS + DTUK FSR Review

From Ross -Audi-sport.net - 6th Mar 14

Hi All,

I've had a DTUK tuning box fitted to my 1.4 COD for about a week now, so thought I'd share my experience so far.

The box in question is this one:

DTUK� FSR MultiChannel Petrol Tuning Box | chip tuning boxes from Diesel Tuning UK

Fitting/Removal is pretty straight forward. You just unplug three sensors and connect each one again, but via the tuning box. The only difficulty is that to get to some of the sensors you need to remove part of the induction system. This can all be done with a pair of pliers, and takes about 10 minutes. If, like me, you live close enough to DTUK, fitting is even easier, as they can do it for you.

There was a slight issue when my box first got fitted, but I put this down to it being the first one that had ever been fitted to an A3. The important thing form my point of view was how DTUK dealt with the problem. Suffice to say that a replacement part was couriered from Germany for the next day and all works perfectly now. Their customer service is simply excellent. I've got Andrew's (The MD) mobile number for technical support 24/7! Andrew is also a member on here (ABYSS), and offers a member discount.

Claimed performance figures are 171ps and 298Nm. This is based on dyno'ing a Mk7 Golf with the same engine.

[url=http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-audi_a3_1.4-tsi-140ps-cod]Diesel Tuning box for Audi A3 1.4 Tsi 140ps Cod

Comparing that to the official figures for the 1.8 TFSI, it's within 5% of maximum power, and has considerably more torque! The 1.8 is of course slightly heavier too.

The box has a couple of adjustments on it. First of all there are two maps to choose from. Map 1 starts to fall off above 5000 rpm, whilst map 2 extends all the way. Secondly each map can be tweaked in aggressiveness from -3 to +3. When the box was first installed, it was set to a sensible configuration of Map 1, setting 0. Even that sensible configuration made a noticeable change though. As soon as I was happy that was working, we tried Map 2, setting +2, and it's stayed on that setting since.

So what's it like to drive? Well, the COD engine was a great engine from the factory and the box has only enhanced it. Idling is just as smooth as stock, and it's just as easy to drive in a relaxed manner when you choose.

Give it some throttle though and the difference is definitely noticeable. It really is hard to believe it's only a 1.4. At around 2000 rpm, it starts to really pull as the turbo kicks in. The torque builds quickly, but not so fast as to be harsh. From then on it just keeps pulling all the way to the red line, building to a slightly raspy sound. Drop it into 6th though and calm returns.

Some time I'll probably try turning it all the way up to +3, but for now I'm very happy with it on +2. It really is like having a new engine.

I can't say I've noticed an improvement in economy yet, but I have been driving it pretty hard and it is early days. I think the on board computer should still be accurate in this respect too as this particular tuning box leaves the ECU connected directly to the injectors.

Hi Andrew, I posted a visitor message 2 weeks ago and another yesterday which I can still see on your ABYSS heading, so not sure why you can't see them.

I tend to use tapatalk -99% of the time , and I only receive notifications for private messages via email. But as I said earlier there are multiple ways to contact myself :)

I agree, but a PM would have sent an e-mail. If I message someone and have no reply I assume their not interested in what I have to say. I was trying to take you up on an offer for a tuning box reduction. Seems my own original post was hijacked by another guy who takes advantage of your very good initial offer. Some you win, some you loose, I obviously lost out.

I don't receive notifications via email for visitor messages, at the end of the day I have given you several alternative methods of contacting myself including my own personal mobile number.

So as I can't see the visitor message please feel free to contact me via an alternative method and I can answer your queries :)