Sat Nav DVD removal issue

dt-tdi

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all
Has anyone experienced the same problem that I am having?
I've got a 2006 3.0tdi fitted with a Audi Navigation System plus (RNS-E) but I can not remove the sat nav dvd to update the sat nav software.
When I press eject nothing happens???
I have been advised to check the wiring at the back of the stereo which hopefully I will do tomorrow after ordering the removal keys from Audi.
Any info would be most welcome if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
Thanks in advance.
David

You need to enable the ejection feature via VCDS. This is enabled by default to stop disc theft.

You need to enable the ejection feature via VCDS. This is enabled by default to stop disc theft.
Can anyone guide me through the VCDS procedure?
I have recently purchased a genuine Ross Tech cable to do this job.

Navigation -> Adaption -> DVD Eject Lock I think.

Your local Audi dealer should be happy to unlock your sat nav so you can remove your disc as they did mine.

Your local Audi dealer should be happy to unlock your sat nav so you can remove your disc as they did mine.

Quick update
I've sorted out the issues I've been having.
When I bought the car it had a 6 pack cd changer in the boot, the plug for this that goes into the RNS-E unit is where the blue connector should be fitted had this not been fitted.
I acted on Nigel's (NHN)advice and re-fitted the blue connector back in place thus removing the cd changer, I re scanned the car and this then showed modules 37 and 56 allowing me to make the changes to remove the sat Nav dvd :)
I'm still having issues doing a full scan as it still stops at module 46 but it did allow me today to access module 46 directly thus allowing me to activate the single alarm chirp :)
It seems I may have to take the car to an auto electrician to have the intermittent problem investigated with module 46 but I will first check that the sunroof channels are not blocked and also check underneath the battery as well for possible blockages causing water ingress, but overall a result today:applaus: