16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow

imz

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my S3 and finally got my VCDS working so thought I would run a scan which returned the following result:

16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow
P0441 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Does anybody have any ideas what causes this fault and how it can be rectified. Also what would be the symptoms of this fault code.

The other issue I have is the temp never reaches 90 it seems to stay at 80 and if I give it some pedal it may rise to 90 but then drops back down to 80 again when I drive normally.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

The N80 valve is a common failure but the complete system must be check well prior to replace it.

Are you able to force an evap test with your VCDS?

If yes, try it first normally. If it fails pinch the hose with a king of long nose pliers before the N80. If it passes after it, you will knoe it's your problem.

Split pipes can cause this... there is a plastic pipe that connects to the charcoal filter from the cluster of fuel pipes by the expansion tank... this spilts... there is also a check valved hose that goes into the TIP and another chec valved hose that goes into the throttle body... a leak in any of those can cause this code

<tuffty/>

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Not too familiar with the engine so will get it booked in somewhere to get it checked.

If anyone does have more information that would be most appreciated but given it can be any of a number of causes I will leave it to someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks again guys