spare wheel ?

Masterm8fo

Warmonger
Reaction score
Hi just recently got myself some 18inch RS4 reps and sold the original 16inch wheels including the spare.

now i need to get either a space saver or another RS4 rep for my spare

does the RS4 rep in 18inch fit in the back ? i think the space saver would be cheaper option but where from and how much ?

thanks

Take a wheel off and try it......... !!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

my 17" wheel won't fit in the back so I guess an 18" won't fit either!

hmm thot asking on here wud save me getting hands dirty

seems il be getting a space saver from ebay then

Isn't the rolling radius the same (give or take a few mm)? It should be or you will have an inaccurate speedo...
crazy2.gif

If it is then there's no reason it won't fit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would hope they are same circumference or you'd track to one side if you held the steering wheel straight?

I think the biggest problem with space saver wheels isn't that people laugh at you, but that you rarely have space for the wheel that you took off - don't some makers (Porsche?) provide a cover for the full size wheel for when you hide it in a hedge and come back in your 4x4 to collect it later?

A mate had a flat in a boxster in LeMans last year and couldn't get a ****** tyre anywhere and his 18" wheel fitted in the car somewhere (and I'm guessing not on the passenger seat as he had a passenger with him! Now that's a funny looking car when it has a space saver on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif