Meyle HD

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to replace all the steering arms on my Avant and have been looking at the Meyle HD range, can anyone give me a link to a dealer for these as all i seem to be able to find is ones for the B5 platform,
Thanks in advance,
Matt

Home

Give Jason your reg mate and he will tell you the exact kit you require. I run the HD set but imo not overly impressed, i wish i spent my money on the 034 motorsport kit now.

Thanks for that, i will give them a ring to make sure i get the right ones.
Matt

Home

Give Jason your reg mate and he will tell you the exact kit you require. I run the HD set but imo not overly impressed, i wish i spent my money on the 034 motorsport kit now.

Is this a bettet kit? and do you happen to have a link of a seller?
Thank you,
Matt

im running the meyle hd kit and have been very impressed with it thus far
equal quality to the original but slightly harder wearing

Ordered the Meyle HD kit today and should be with me on Thursday,doing the job on tuesday along with rear spring change, already done rear shocks and bump stops and have a RS4 ARB so should all be nice and stiff again.

I'm gonna be doing pretty much everything on my b6 this year. Meyle kit, new springs and shocks too I think.

Did you go oem shocks on the rear?

Yes i did stay oem, i only really replaced them because i needed to do the bump stops so didn't see the point of putting ones that had covered 150k back on when they are so cheap, once all done i will get it 4 wheel aligned so everything is true, should now see the life of the car out. Matt

Where did you buy them from and how much if you don't mind me asking? Mine are originals (as far as I know) and on 175k miles now...plus 40mm lowering springs hasn't helped them!

I'm considering fitting oem sport suspension when I redo it all. It's now the wife's car and she hates it being so low, but I can't being myself to go back to SE ride height.

Rear shocks would have been TPS so i'll have a look through my invoices tomorrow and let you know.
Cheers
Matt

Rear shocks were from TPS and around £150 for the pair.

Rear shocks were from TPS and around £150 for the pair.

Sorry mate, I completely missed this. Just went back to find your thread to see if you'd replied and noticed you replied the next day, doh!

Thanks mate, it helps to plan a budget. I assume the fronts will be similar. Not to decide whether to refresh all the suspension or just flog it and move on in a year or so. I'd like to keep it, that's my current thinking.

Done all the arms except the track rod ends yesterday and have to say on first impressions i'm very impressed with the Meyle HD kit, i will do the track rods next week along with rear springs and then off for 4-wheel alignment.