Opinions on these brakes please ??

bree9482

Reaction score
Save your money on the discs, buy some standard discs. It's the pads you need to invest in! I have standard LCR discs with ferodo ds2500's on my car. They worked fine, although I personally feel I need stronger brakes for my driving. There's a list of good pads to use, ferodo ds2500 seems to be the popular choice.

Save your money on the discs, buy some standard discs. It's the pads you need to invest in! I have standard LCR discs with ferodo ds2500's on my car. They worked fine, although I personally feel I need stronger brakes for my driving. There's a list of good pads to use, ferodo ds2500 seems to be the popular choice.

Thanks Gops !!

I have read loads of threads on here and elswhere on the DS2500's. I will never do track days and l really dont abuse the brakes. I was told by someone who had the ferodos that they are really good if you are giving them some, but for normal driving in a city(Glasgow) they may not be the best ??

Thats why l started looking for alternatives, plus l think they discs look quite good :) lol

I drive this car everyday and I've never felt that they're no good! They have a good cold bite better than OE. They get better when they're warm! Most pads fall off when warm but these stay good!

I drive this car everyday and I've never felt that they're no good! They have a good cold bite better than OE. They get better when they're warm! Most pads fall off when warm but these stay good!

Ok sounds good !! Think l will do some pricing on these ;)

So would you think the Pagid discs from ECP are ok ?? They have 25% off atm aswel !!

Pagid discs are fine , if you dislike frequent dusty wheels you won't like the DS2500's .

I don't really have any experience on them. Prawn might I think he's ran them before.. I had ebc discs and they were horrid!

I don't really have any experience on them. Prawn might I think he's ran them before.. I had ebc discs and they were horrid!

I read that also Gops !! Damn expensive too

I was thinking Brembo got to be decent. If l was to buy the Brembo pads+discs and new fluid, l would be getting it all in for around £175. Think thats not bad, just dont want to buy them if they are rubbish lol

Ive got Pagid discs with low dust EBC Redstuff all round. Very happy.

I think im gonna go with the pagid discs as they are half the price of the brembo discs. Pads tho... I would like somethink with good rep and low dust !! Ive heard conflicting info on the red/yellow stuff pads ????

I know someone who has had brembo max discs and ate through them but I don't know how he drove the car! Better pads and std discs is they way forward.. There's a brake thread in the stickies, have a read! :thumbsup:

Reactions: bree9482