Help Needed!!! AUDI A3 8P LACKING POWER

waj

Reaction score
recently I have had a problem with my audi a3 2.0 tdi 140 dsg 05 bkd engine, basically when I put my foot down on accelerator a few long periods on the motorway, it just feels like something switches off and I lose power but when I switch my car off and switch it back on it seems fine again anyone had this same problem. Also I checked it on vcds and it came up with an engine fault code of 16618 - boost pressure regulation: limit exceeded (overboost condition) p0234-000

A MAP sensor can read "overboost" when it shouldn't so this could be at fault. The N75 valve can jam and not bleed vacuum to the air filter but this is very rare. The turbo vanes can be sticking which is very common and my money would likely be on this being the issue. The most logical thing (but not the cheapest or easiest) would be to remove and clean the turbo.

Thanks a lot for your help. Do you think the solenoid valve has got anything to do with the problem, the vacuum pipes from
The turbo go into this?

Thanks a lot for your help. Do you think the solenoid valve has got anything to do with the problem, the vacuum pipes from
The turbo go into this?

Hard to say; based on what I've read over the years I doubt it, but never say never. I would always prefer it to be cheap or easy options. I guess best thing to do is take it to a good indy service centre, they will be able to narrow it down to 1-2 things quite quickly and then you can decide whether you want to try cheapest options first.

What part of the country are you from, I may be able to recommend someone who can help you out (unless you are having to undertake the work yourself).

Im located in west yorkshire near leeds

GNJ (and forum sponsor) in Lancashire are very good.

My other recommendation is Stattler (but they are nearer to Sheffield which may be too much of a drive given your issue).