04 tdi night mare ><

welshd1k

Reaction score
Ok story goes bought this 04 2.0tdi 140 sport 2 weeks ago cheap due to 4 known faults that are :

hazards come on when you unlock the car
drivers window not working
airbag sensor missing on the front passenger side
speedo where the trip is says 'safe'

the electric wing mirrors work and the pass side does intermittently ive tried a new window switch and a different redulator box thing that connects all the wires in the door together .

I would say I had it very cheap for a running taxed / mot'd car .

so im awaiting the crash sensor to arrive in TPS Swansea .

tried to get on with the other issues and im being told by a mate that all the above issues could be down to the sensor missing and the car thinks its in a accident??

but I have to ask the following :

rear convenience unit in the boot on driver side there is one plug missing (is this the alarm missing or would this go to the wiper motor on the boot lid that has been removed ?)

secondly I have a MOFO water leak in the passenger side footwell when the car is parked pointing down hill ....

I have done the following already :

re sealed the speaker to the door with silicone . checked the large pipe for the drain from sunroof that runs down the pillar (pulled it off and blown down it ) where else can watter come down the front a pilar to the footwell from ? ever had the sunroof itself not sealing ?

sorry for this being my first post im pretty mechanically minded but this is getting the better of me I don't do eletrics or water leaks ill rebuild a bare engine or change a cluch but this is starting to miff me off

thanks in advance

chris