Headlights Misting.

Spares

Reaction score
Does anyone else have misting in their headlights after they have been on ? mine mist up at the bottom inch or so, the misting clears when they are off but returns when in use. I have the latest type with the solid DRL & Xenons.

Yes and the fogs to..... but mine does go after they have been on for a while.

audi say its normal

preheat your oven to 40C, and open up the headlights and place them inside for 20 minutes.
Remove them and immediately close the access ports.
Misting should be gone unless your headlights are not totally sealed in which case moisture could creep back in.

My driver side fog light is misting badly. Actually took the unit out and there was about 50ml of water in it!

Surely that's not a normal amount?

Sounds like you have a leak.

I assumed so but interestingly it started while it was damp out, rather than raining. Started fogging up and never managed to get it to stop, even after emptying the water out and drying it. I'll just take it into Audi and see what they make of it I think.

Having a pool of water in it is not right there must be an issue with the seal ..

Thanks guys, think I'll just take it back and ask for a new one if there really is a serious sealing issue. Still under warranty so might as well. Haha.

IF they do swap it make sure the headlight colours match
but they will prob say its normal in this weather

Thanks for the response's to my query, it seems to be a case of "they all do that Sir". I'll keep an eye on it to see if it worsens.
I notice some of you have misted fog lights too, mine don't mist up so it may be worth taking that up with Audi for a warranty claim.

I asked this myself a few months ago.

seams to be something inherent with the latest Audi light designs ??

Was not an issue with any of my last Audi's.